Turkey Fryer Fire Displaces Family From Laurel Home

View Comments
A firetruck parked in front of a home in D.C. where a man's body was discovered in a fire.  (credit: Kevin Rincon/All-News 99.1 WNEW)

A firetruck parked in front of a home in D.C. where a man’s body was discovered in a fire. (credit: Kevin Rincon/All-News 99.1 WNEW)

Latest News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

LAUREL, Md. (CBSDC) - Firefighters in Prince George’s County say a house in Laurel was badly damaged when residents had a propane accident while smoking a turkey on their back deck.

Prince George’s County firefighters responded to a fire on Prince George St. in Laurel around 11 p.m. on Wednesday when a two-story home caught fire from the cooking accident, according to 9 News Now.

The fire began on the exterior from the deck then spread to the rest of the home.

One firefighter suffered an illness at the scene and was taken to the hospital, according to the report.

The family was displaced from the home after an estimated $100,000.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,651 other followers