SPRINGFIELD, Va. (CBSDC) - Yet another fondling victim stepped forward in Springfield on Wednesday, proving the serial groper may spare no expense for the holidays.
Fairfax police received a call around 1:30 p.m. from a woman who says she was assaulted at the intersection of Amherst Ave. and Cumberland Ave. in Springfield.
The 36-year-old woman was approached from behind by a man who groped her then fled on foot.
Police described the suspect as a 5’9″ or 5’10″ male wearing a black t-shirt, khaki pants and blue hat.
Police confirmed they believe the incident is connected to the suspect wanted in 10 other attacks that have occured in the same area since September.
The most recent attack occurred Monday when a woman was grabbed from behind while walking to her apartment in the 7200 block of Commerce St.
Timeline of Other Attacks:
- Nov. 19: Woman grabbed from behind in the 7200 block of Commerce St.
- Nov. 1: 42-year old grabbed in the 6000 block of Hibbling Ave.
- Nov. 1: 23-year old groped at bus stop on 7200 block of Commerce St.
- Oct. 25: Woman fondled while walking near Lake Pleasant and Edinburgh Dr.
- Oct. 4: (Reported) 25-year old woman groped walking near Cumberland Dr. and Dinwiddie St.
- Oct. 2: 15-year old girl attacked near Hibbling Ave. and Exmore St.
- Sept. 27: 17-year old girl grabbed in the 5900 block of Erving St.
- Sept. 19: 40-year old woman fondled near Hibbling Ave. and Exmore St.
- Sept. 18: 16-year old girl grabbed in the 6700 block of Metropolitan Center Dr.
- Sept. 7: 26-year old woman fondled in the 7200 block of Monticello Blvd.