Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in NW Row Homes

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – Two people are in the hospital after high levels of carbon monoxide were found in a D.C. building Thursday.

The D.C. Fire Department says they responded to the report of a sick person, but when they arrived at a building in the 900 block of Ingraham Street in NW around 7:50 a.m., they quickly realized the situation was much worse.

Firefighters immediately began ventilating the building when they discovered high levels of carbon monoxide.

They say six people were evaluated by emergency response teams and two of them were moved to a local hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The preliminary investigation suggests the source of the carbon monoxide is a hot water heater.

Stay tuned to ALL NEWS – 99.1 as we bring you more details.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live