9th Springfield Fondling Victim Steps Forward
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (CBSDC) – Police say another victim of the serial fondler in Springfield has come forward, bringing the total number of victims to nine.
Fairfax County police say a 42-year-old woman reported she was grabbed from behind in front of a home in the 6000 block of Hibbling Ave. last Thursday afternoon.
According to police, the woman told a friend what had happened, never intending to inform the police because she didn’t know of the other incidents.
She described the suspect to police as a Hispanic male with a medium build and short black hair, consistent with the descriptions given by the other eight victims.
She says he was wearing a dark colored jacket, blue jeans and a red baseball cap.
Another victim also reported an attack from the serial fondler last Thursday; a 23-year-old woman told police she was groped from behind while standing at a bus stop on Commerce Street.
“She heard someone very quietly come up from behind her. The person grabbed her, fondled her,” said Fairfax Police Spokeswoman Lucy Caldwell. “She screamed and the person fled.”
These assaults are a part of a series of incidents dating back to last September.
Other victims have described their attacker as a Hispanic male, in his 30’s, standing 5 feet 8 inches tall with dark eyes and a trimmed beard.
Timeline of Attacks:
- Nov. 1: 42-year old grabbed in the 6000 block of Hibbling Ave.
- Nov. 1: 23-year old groped at bus stop on 7200 block of Commerce St.
- Oct. 25: Woman fondled while walking near Lake Pleasant and Edinburgh Dr.
- Oct. 4: (Reported) 25-year old woman groped walking near Cumberland Dr. and Dinwiddie St.
- Oct. 2: 15-year old girl attacked near Hibbling Ave. and Exmore St.
- Sept. 27: 17-year old girl grabbed in the 5900 block of Erving St.
- Sept. 19: 40-year old woman fondled near Hibbling Ave. and Exmore St.
- Sept. 18: 16-year old girl grabbed in the 6700 block of Metropolitan Center Dr.
- Sept. 7: 26-year old woman fondled in the 7200 block of Monticello Blvd.