Street Closures, Parking Restrictions for Georgetown Halloween Events
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Superstorm Sandy has not washed out Halloween celebrations in Georgetown and the festivities will take place as originally planned.
As a result, many streets will be closed off to vehicle traffic as the streets become overrun with costumed party goers.
The following streets will close at 4 p.m. Wednesday and reopen at 4 a.m. Thursday.
Police say only residents, visitors and employees who live or work within these areas will be granted access. Authorities will ask for proof of residence.
- 1000 block of Grace Street NW
- 1000 block of Thomas Jefferson Street NW
- 1000-1500 blocks of 29th Street NW
- 1000 -1500 blocks of 30th Street NW
- 1200-1300 blocks of Potomac Street NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 27th Street NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 28th Street NW
- 1200-1600 blocks of 33rd Street NW
- 1200-1700 blocks of 34th Street NW
- 1500 32nd Street NW
- 1600-1700 blocks of 35th Street NW
- 2600-3100 blocks of Dumbarton Street NW
- 2600-3100 blocks of P Street NW
- 2600-3600 blocks of O Street NW
- 2700-3600 blocks of N Street NW
- 2700 block of Poplar Lane NW
- 2700-2900 blocks of Olive Street NW
- 3100 Block of Blues Alley
- 3100 Block of Oak Alley NW
- 3100 Block of South Street NW
- 3200-3400 Q Street NW
- 3200 Block of Cecil Place NW
- 3200-3600 blocks of Prospect Street NW
- 3300-3400 blocks of Dent Place NW
- 3300 blocks of Cady’s Alley NW
- 900 Block 30th Street NW
Parking restriction will be in effect for the following streets from 4 p.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m. Thursday.
- K St, NW from 30th Street to Wisconsin Avenue, NW
- Water Street, NW from 33rd Street to the Mouth of the Capital Crescent Trail
- 1000 – 1300 Blocks of Wisconsin Ave. NW
- M Street NW, from 25th Street to the Key Bridge
- 1100 block of 26th Street NW
- Thomas Jefferson St. – 1000 block (From the canal north to M Street)