FORT WASHINGTON, Md. (CBSDC) – Many are without power in the area but for those with the added measure of a generator to protect them against power loss, they may not be protected from the dangers of the generator itself.

One Maryland resident was hurt from the storm Monday afternoon, but not from a strong wind blowing broken glass into their home or water flooding into their basement.

Chief Mark E. Brady of the Prince George’s County Fire Department says one resident was injured when a generator running outside a home on Palmer Road in Ft. Washington began leaking carbon monoxide into the home.

The unidentified victim was treated for minor injury at the home but did not have to be taken to a hospital.

The Maryland Emergency Management Agency has issued a warning to residents using generators as a result of power loss that they need to be kept at least five feet away from any openings in the home.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live