Funeral Proceedings Announced for Fallen Officer
CLINTON, Md. (CBSDC) - Funeral arrangements have been finalized for a Prince George’s County police officer killed in a violent collision, for members of the public wishing to pay their respects.
Police Officer First Class Kevin Bowden, 28, was killed while he was off-duty last Thursday when he was driving his marked cruiser and collided with another vehicle in Clinton around 3:05 p.m.
Bowden, a 6-year department veteran, crashed into a white SUV at Branch Avenue and Surratts Road, forcing his cruiser into a pole. He was transported to Southern Maryland Hospital located off the same intersection, where he was later pronounced dead.
The public is welcome to attend the viewings and memorial service for the officer. You can find the necessary information to attend below:
- First Viewing: Friday, October 26, 2012, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Lee’s Funeral Home, 6633 Old Alexandria Ferry Road, Clinton, Maryland
- Second Viewing: Saturday, October 27, 2012, from 9:00 am-11:00 am, Saint Stephen’s Baptist Church, 5757 Temple Hill Road, Temple Hills, Maryland.
- Memorial Service: Saturday, October 27, 2012, from 11:00 am-12:30 pm, Saint Stephen’s Baptist Church, 5757 Temple Hill Road, Temple Hills, Maryland.
- Interment (Will immediately follow the memorial service): Mount Olivet Cemetery, 1300 Bladensburg Road NE, Washington, D.C.
- Repast: Saint Stephen’s Baptist Church, 5757 Temple Hill Road, Temple Hills, Maryland.