Teenage Serial Pizza Delivery Robber Busted In Gaithersburg
Get Breaking News First
GAITHERSBURG, Md. (CBSDC) — A teenage serial pizza delivery robber has been arrested in Gaithersburg.
Marcus Addison, 17, robbed delivery employees as they tried to deliver pizza to homes in Montgomery Village on eight separate occasions, police say.
The string of night robberies began in early June and continued through Aug. 8 when a Domino’s Pizza driver was robbed in the 18900 block of Montgomery Village Avenue.
In each instance Addison ordered the pizzas through the internet using fake names and addresses, which were often vacant. When the driver arrived, he approached them, displayed a gun and demand money while wearing a mask.
Authorities were able to identify Addison, who also resides in Montgomery Village, as a suspect in the robberies and notified local pizza establishments to report suspicious orders.
Around 11 p.m. on Aug. 20 the juvenile attempted to have a Domino’s pizza delivered to the 18900 block of Smoothstone Way.
Police set up surveillance on on Addison who then left his home by crawling out his bedroom window. Police noticed he was carrying a black ski mask as he walked to the home where the pizza was to be delivered. Addison was notified the order was cancelled via an application on his mobile phone. He was unaware that the police were responsible for the cancellation.
Using the same fictitious name and new address, he placed another order from the same pizza store around 11:45 p.m. Police again cancelled his order while continuing to watch him.
A plain clothes officer then attempted to stop Addison who attempted to flee. Officers were able to catch him along with the gun he dropped during the pursuit.
Police were later able to determine Addison was using a pellet gun in the robberies.
He admitted to six additional robberies after being taken into custody.
Police charged Addison as an adult with two counts of attempted armed robbery for the Aug. 20 incident. He is also facing six counts of armed robbery for the previous incidents.
Pizza Robbery Timeline
- June 5 at approximately 11:45 p.m., Domino’s Pizza Delivery, 19000 block of Mills Choice Rd.
- June 10 at approximately 1:00 a.m., Domino’s Pizza Delivery, 400 block of Christopher Ave.
- June 20 at approximately 11:35 p.m., Papa John’s Delivery, 9900 block of Lake Landing Rd.
- July 23 at approximately 9:30 p.m., Papa John’s Delivery, 19000 block of Mills Choice Rd.
- Aug. 6 at approximately 10:40 p.m., Papa John’s Delivery, 18900 block of Montgomery Village Ave.
- Aug. 8 at approximately 11:30 p.m., Domino’s Pizza Delivery, 18900 block of Montgomery Village Ave.