Early Morning Two-Alarm Fire In New Hampshire Ave. Apartment Building Sends One In Hospital
Get Breaking News First
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) - An early morning fire broke out in an apartment building in Northwest Friday that sent one person to the hospital.
An eight-story apartment building caught fire on New Hampshire Avenue in Northwest D.C. Friday morning around 4:00 a.m. It was a two-alarm fire that required firefighters to go into the building in rescue efforts.
At least one person was taken to the hospital and some residents had to be rescued through their windows.
One firefighter told WNEW’s Kevin Patrick that the second-alarm was called mainly because of the high number of residents in the building. There are over one hundred apartment units in the building, and under the assumption that there are at least two residents per unit, extra help is certainly required.
As for the cause of the fire, one battalion chief says that traces of an accelerant were found, raising suspicions that the fire was deliberately set.
There is no word yet on the condition of the man rescued from the fire and transported to the hospital.