Lurch’s Locks: Papa Loves Meaningless Lists
More From The Sports Junkies
We debated for an hour this morning on where the Skins belong on the NFL ladder of power rankings. One list we saw had them 28th , the other 24th.
I’ve done extensive research and we all know the only power rankings that really matter are the LPP’s. Here you go.
32. JAX- Is there any doubt? New owner has no idea what he’s getting into.
31. CLEVE- Trent Richardson will probably get injured by Week 3 and The Dog Pound will be screamin for Brandon Weeden by Week 4.
30. INDY- Luck has zero running backs to help him. His leading receiver will be his college buddy at tight end.
29. MINNY- How healthy is AP? Greg Childs might be a fantasy sleeper.
28. MIAMI- Signing Ocho should tell u how light they are at wr. I can see them starting Tanneyhill by Week 7.
27. ST LOUIS- They have a proven coach now and they had a great draft. This team will get better, but at least a year away.
26. SEATTLE- I can’t believe they took Wilson in the 3rd and does Pete Caroll think Matt Flynn is the answer?
25. JETS- I think they take a major step back this year. The Sanchez – Tebow saga will be a disaster and where are the weapons? Stephen Hill?
24. OAK- The defense gave up way too many points last year and they couldn’t really improve through the draft. They play SD, Pitt, Den and ATL in first 6 weeks.
23. WASH- I just can’t put them much higher at this point. Too many question marks at key positions and a tough schedule to open and close the season.
22. TBAY- Freeman had a horrible year, but they add VJAX and Dallas Clark. He has 4 legit weapons to throw to and they drafted Doug Martin. They will be better.
21. BUFF-They completely fell apart when Fred Jackson got hurt, but adding Mario and drafting Gilmore help the def huge.
20. ARIZ- Kolb has to earn the cash this year. They won 8 games last year with John Skelton playing most of the season. Kolb has 2 legit wrs now with Fitz and Floyd.
19. CAROLINA- Huge upside with this team. If Cam cuts down the turnovers this offense might be scary.
18. SD- I’m just not a believer anymore. I saw a decline in Rivers last year and they lose alot with VJAX leaving. They need Ryan Matthews to be a pro bowler and I just don’t see it yet.
17. CINCY- A slight step backwards for the Bungals. Will Dalton improve? I just don’t see enough at running back to get that excited.
16. TENN- Chris Johnson will have huge bounceback season. Britt stays healthy and they draft Kendall Wright. More weapons for Locker when he eventually starts.
15. DETROIT -They are explosive, can’t deny that, but injury questions at top 2 rb spots and Avril not signed yet. Can they stop anyone yet?
14. SAINTS- I know this is low, but the offseason has been a forest fire. It has to hurt them a bit. Offensively they will be fine, but I just see the defense losing games for them like last year.
13. KC- I think this team really surprises everyone. They had a million injuries last year. If healthy they are a 10 win team. Hillis has huge
12. GIANTS- They are blue collar tough, but Manningham was a big loss and how happy is Osi? I could see this team missing playoffs.
11. CHICAGO- Forte is close to signing. Cutler will have a huge year. They have depth at wr now.
10. DALLAS- Too much talent to ignore. They add 2 huge pieces in secondary. If Romo plays 16 games they are in playoffs.
9. DENVER- Yep, I am buying in. Peyton is the difference.
8. PITTS- Are they getting too old? Probably, but adding 2 young studs on the line will be huge for BRoth.
7. ATLANTA- I think they switch places with the Saints this year. Two legit threats at WR and a workhorse RB. They also add depth at off line in draft.
Matt Ryan in for a big year.
6. PATS- The Welker deal is strange to me. He has had 600 catches in 5 years. I would think if Brady wants his guy, you give it to him. Too many weapons in the passing game. Defense has to improve. Who’s the top RB?
5. PHILLY- I think this is the year. Everything hinges on Vick and his health of course. Year 2 with the Wide 9 should work. Secondary is too good.
4. SF- My boys!!!!! Loaded on defense, but gotta get Goldson signed and adding 2 weapons to spread the field will be huge for Smith. Don’t sleep on
3. BALT- Flacco still not better than Romo, but the team is. Ray Rice needs to get signed asap. I like Bernie Pierce at backup RB.
2. HOUSTON- If Schaub doesn’t get hurt last year they may have gone to the show. The defense will be sick.
1. PACK- Rodgers gets back to back MVPs. Their top 5 picks in the draft were all on defense. They won’t go 15-1, but they are still the best.
Things will change over the next 5 months, but here are my July picks for the post season.
AFC….PATS, RAVENS, STEELERS, CHIEFS, BRONCOS, TEXANS
NFC…49ERS, PACKERS, EAGLES, COWBOYS, FALCONS, BEARS