HARWOOD, Md. (AP) — A man died in the thunderstorm that swept across Maryland when a tree hit his SUV in Anne Arundel County.
County police say the accident happened about 11:30 p.m. Friday as high winds and heavy rains blew through Harwood. A large tree fell, landing on the front of the vehicle and the passenger compartment. Three people were trapped inside, although one person then got out on his own.
The driver, 25-year-old Kevin O’Brien of Edgewater, died at the scene.
His passengers, 27-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis.
Power Outage Resources
- Get The Latest From Pepco
- Get The Latest From Dominion Virginia Power
- Get The Latest From Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Get The Latest From PotomacEdison
- Get The Latest From D.C. Water
- Weather Center
- Check Live Radar, Heat Index
- Get The Latest Forecasts
- Check Traffic Closures
- Get updated on WMATA Information, Delays, Closures
- Photos From The Storm
- All The latest News From The Storm
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)