Oregon Trail? Nope! It’s The Maryland Ice Cream Trail!
LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) — Move over Oregon, Maryland has a trail of its own . . . an ice cream trail!
What better way to beat the heat than by indulging in cool sweetness that is ice cream?
Maryland Agriculture Secretary Buddy Hance unveiled the state’s first, and best, ice cream trail this week.
Here’s how it works. The trail will consist of seven creameries around the state. Anyone who visits all seven before Sept. 7 has the chance to enter their name into the hat to become Maryland’s Best 2012 Ice Cream Trailblazer.
The trailblazer will then win more ice cream… What else?!
People interested in participating in the contest are encouraged to visit MarylandsBest.net.
- Rocky Point Creamery in Tuscarora
- Prigel Family Creamery in Baltimore County
- Broom’s Bloom Dairy in Harford County
- Kilby Cream in Cecil County
- South Mountain Creamery in Middletown
- Misty Meadows Farm Creamery in Washington County
- Chesapeake Bay Farms in Worcester County