FAIRFAX, Va. (CBSDC) – Fairfax County Fire is assessing food poisoning symptoms after nearly three dozen high school students visiting George Mason University reported being sick overnight.

Officials say 80 high school students have been staying at the Fairfax-based university the last few days as part of a Congressional Awards internship program. The students are all staying at Piedmont Hall and were together in D.C. Tuesday to attend the Washington Nationals game.

Members of the fire officers academy were staying in the same building say they started noticing the issue developing overnight. Some people have been transported to the hospital, according to officials.

Medical units arrived at George Mason as a precaution. Some of the students sickened with food poisoning are still being looked at.

The students last ate together Tues night, and one parent tells WNEW’s Kevin Rincon the food that got them sick was not served on campus, but was not from the Nationals game either.

WNEW’s Kevin Rincon is at the scene of the incident with the latest details. Stay tuned to ALL NEWS – 99.1 for the latest.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live