Fire Hazards Prompt Recall Of Heaters And Light Fixtures
Get Breaking News First
GAITHERSBURG, Va. (CBSDC) — The Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled a number of items due to fire hazards.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue urge residents with the recalled products to follow protocol to receive a safer alternative or replacement.
Big Lots Recalls Portable Space Heater and Portable Oscillating Space Heater
According to the CPSC, the heaters can overheat and melt, posing a fire or electric shock hazard.
There have been four reports of the product overheating and melting, but no reports of injury, fire or property damage.
Ceiling Mounted Light Fixtures Recalled by Thomas Lighting Due to Fire and Shock Hazards
According to the CPSC, the fixture’s socket wire insulation can degrade, leading to charged wires becoming exposed, causing electricity to pass to the metal canopy of the fixture. This poses a fire and electric shock hazard to consumers.
There have been 11 reports of defective fixtures which resulted in the home’s Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) tripping.
Bel Air Lighting Recalls Outdoor Wall Mount Lanterns Due to Fire, Burn and Shock Hazards
According to the CPSC, an electrical short circuit can occur in the lanterns’ internal wiring, posing a risk of fire, burn and electric shock to consumers.
There have been seven reports of incidents, including two reports of lanterns catching fire, but no injuries have been reported.
Air Movers Recalled by EDIC Due to Fire Hazard
According to the CPSC, the product’s internal electrical capacitor can fail and overheat, which creates a fire hazard.
There have been four reported incidents involving fires that resulted in property damage. No injuries were reported, however.