Malfunctioning Stove Sends 9 To Hospital With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Fairfax

FAIRFAX, Va. (CBSDC) — Four adults and five children were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday night in Fairfax.

Authorities responded to an apartment in the 9500 block of Blake Ln. around 7:07 p.m. after a carbon monoxide alarm went off.

The nine people, who lived in the same apartment, were taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The group was complaining of headaches and nausea, but did not lose consciousness.

Police believe a malfunctioning stove caused the carbon monoxide levels to rise in the apartment.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live