Cakes’ Takes: Random Tuesday Recap
More From The Sports Junkies
Some nuggets I gleaned from today’s show….
* Fun to see the video of EB and Lurch interviewing Tiger Woods at Congressional Country Club, that you can view on DCSportsJunkies.com. Those donks have been uber Tiger Woods fans for years, so that was a cool, once in a lifetime chance to interview a legend. They couldn’t tell me if Tiger had bad breath, so he must have used some of the mouthwash in the Congressional bathroom before the interview. Unless Lurch stole it to bring home, but that’s another story for another day.
* I learned that if you interview a former international soccer superstar like Ian Rush, he should be on this side of the Atlantic Ocean for the call-in. His phone crapped out 3 minutes into the interview, so he couldn’t properly hype the July 28th matchup between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur at M&T Bank Stadium. Probably the first and last interview with a Welsh soccer legend on the Junkies.
* Now I know what a hotspur is…a spur on a rooster’s foot for cockfighting. Ok, how am I supposed to know that? I’m sure I’ve ever attended a cockfight, or have ever watched Tottenham Hotspur play soccer. I know more about the Ming Dynasty than I know about English Premier League Soccer, and intend on keeping it that way.
* Why is there a traffic jam on the way to the summit of Mt. Everest? Four people perished over the weekend trying to scale the world’s tallest mountain, and I can’t make any sense of it. If I’m at 29,000+ feet, I’d better be in the fuselage of a Boeing 757…not freezing my balls off in my North Face jacket looking at the skeletons of other dummies who failed to reach the top of Mt. Everest. And we haven’t even mentioned that there are yetis all over the place in the Himalayas. No thanks.
* We didn’t even mention the moron that attempted to kill himself by taking a plunge at Niagara Falls, no barrel, no life jacket…and survived. He was only the fourth person to ever survive going over the falls without a protective device. Hopefully he realizes how lucky he is to have a second chance at life, and doesn’t squander it.
* Who knew you could be an overweight slob and bag 120+ chicks on Craigslist in an 18-month span? Well done, Aaron Smith…you’re living the dream.