CBS News: More Secret Service Resignations Expected This Week
Get Breaking News First
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — More Secret Service agents are expected to resign over the Colombian prostitute scandal, CBS News has learned.
Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan told members of Congress that he expects more resignations by the end of the week, a congressional aide told CBS News. Three Secret Service agents were removed from duty Tuesday.
This comes as CBS News also learned that one of the Secret Service agents removed from duty is planning to file a lawsuit.
Of the three forced out, two are supervisors. One supervisor was given the option to retire, while the other was “removed for cause” and has 30 days to appeal the decision.
The third Secret Service employee was a uniformed officer, who also resigned.
Eight other agents remain on administrative leave, pending the results of the ongoing investigation into the matter.
Actions were taken following accusations of inappropriate conduct with sex workers last week in Cartagena, Colombia, ahead of President Obama’s arrival for the Summit of the Americas.
Ten U.S. military personnel and as many as 20 prostitutes were also reportedly involved.
The Secret Service is investigating.