Maryland Man Dies After Carbon Monoxide Exposure


2996562 Maryland Man Dies After Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Credit: Tim Boyle/Getty Images

The man was pronounced dead Thursday at Frederick Memorial Hospital. He was not identified.

The sheriff’s office says the man was found lying on the floor of a home garage on Putman Road about 5:30 p.m. Thursday. The office says a deputy saw the man through a garage window and could hear a lawn mower running.

The deputy and a neighbor who tried to help the man were both exposed to carbon monoxide. They were taken to a hospital, and were expected to be treated and released.

Volunteer firefighters aired out the house, and fire officials say the carbon monoxide levels returned to normal.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS DC

D.C. Lottery Live
Follow and Like Us

Listen Live