Study: Most Hispanics Prefer Describing Identity From Family’s Country Of Origin

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — A study shows that most Hispanics do not prefer the term “Hispanic” or “Latino” when it comes to describing their identity.

According to a new poll conducted by the Pew Research Center, 51 percent of Hispanics would rather be identified from their family’s country of origin, instead of describing their identity as “Hispanic” or “Latino.”

“Half (51%) say that most often they use their family’s country of origin to describe their identity,” the Pew Research Center survey says. “That includes such terms as ‘Mexican’ or ‘Cuban’ or ‘Dominican,’ for example. Just one-quarter (24%) say they use the terms ‘Hispanic’ or ‘Latino’ to most often to describe their identity. And 21% say they use the term ‘American’ most often.”

When asked if they have a preference for either being identified as “Hispanic” or “Latino,” the Pew study finds that “half (51%) say they have no preference for either term.” If they did have to choose, the study finds that “’Hispanic’ is preferred over ‘Latino’ by more than a two-to-one margin—33% versus 14%.”

Hispanics and Latinos are split as to whether to identify themselves as a “typical American.” Forty-seven percent of Hispanics and Latinos identify themselves with the term, while another 47 percent of those polled find they don’t seem to relate to a “typical American.”

As it comes to speaking English, nearly 90 percent of those polled believe you need to learn the language to succeed in America, but they also want to hold onto their Spanish-speaking roots. Ninety-five percent of Hispanics believe it is important to speak Spanish in the U.S.

Pew also weighed in on the political front and important social issues. Fifty-eight percent of Hispanics believe gay marriage should be accepted. The poll finds those surveyed take a more conservative stance on abortion as 51 percent say it should be illegal. Only 30 percent of those surveyed identify themselves as liberal.

The term “Hispanic” was officially adopted by Congress in 1976 as a law to collect the information of U.S. residents with Spanish-speaking country origins. The Office of Management and Budget added the term “Latino” in 1997.

The Pew Research Center surveyed 1,220 Latino adults across all 50 states and Washington, D.C.

Comments

1. Duude says:

Only 21 percent of those polled identified themselves as “Americans.”

Its likely because they aren’t Americans.

1. richhenk says:

I was going to leave the same comment. This one line really says a lot.

2. Carl says:

Since people of Latin American origin all do indeed come from the Americas, it’s interesting that neither they nor you consider them Americans.

1. Belwar says:

What else should we call ourselves, genius. United-Statesans?

2. Carl is dumb says:

As the article states, most people prefer to be and are called by their nationality. That means they are Mexicans, Cubans, Guatemalans, etc. United States citizens have always been referred to as Americans. Citizens of other countries have not been known as “Americans”. Sorry you have a problem with the commonly accepted meaning of words. Maybe you should quick being a smart@ss or dumb@ss, which ever applies?

3. Fred Zarguna says:

Please tell me what other country has America in its name? If you’re insistent on labels, they’re North Americans, or South Americans, or Latin Americans. But they aren’t Americans in the common usage of the term.

4. Sammie Jo says:

Canada is in North America but I don’t consider Canadians Americans and neither do they..

3. len says:

why aren’t they? South America makes them American. America is a continent — not a country.

1. len isn't too bright says:

Then why aren’t we all called earthlings? We are all from earth.

You people arguing this point are idiots. The most commonly used meaning for American is a citizen of the United States. Sorry it gets your panties in a wad. Grow up.

And as someone said above – a person from the South American continent is a South American and not an American.

2. Remedial Geography for Len says:

America is NOT a continent; North America and South America are continents. “America” is a term that has been used to refer to what is now the “United States of America” for centuries–and we were referred to as “Americans” long before independence.

3. 22caliber says:

Africa is also a continent

2. Hfw says:

I’m an African-American. Admittedly my ancestors all left Africa around eighty thousand years ago, but the vast, vast majority of my ancestors over the last ten million years were definitely African.

1. RobertG says:

Welcome to the New World?

1. WriteLoudly says:

LOL ..2 funny RobertG

2. Gil says:

Awesomely done, most people will never get it.

3. bluejacket1 says:

I guess that you have Hitler’s and Bonparte’s DNA. Both were African.

1. k says:

That is likely incorrect for Hitler (E1b1b1north african or jewish). The jewish part would likely be correct since it was surmised during his lifetime and supposedly the reason why some people got to take dirt naps.

4. MaxOnePercent says:

There is no concrete proof that all races originated in Africa, it is an unproven theory that the modern PC world has latched onto like gospel because it affirms all their marxist ideologies

1. Docbeck says:

The anthropological, archaeological, AND genetic evidence strongly support the notion of an African origin.

2. 140/90 says:

You are absolutely correct. It is sad that many, if not most, who post in reference to various article, know only those lines which have been pushed by the media and popular culture, rather than anything really intellectual. I think much of our nation’s populace no longer reads or studies.

3. Ricardoh says:

I am not a very religious person but to believe that all the varieties of flora and fauna on earth came from some primordial swamp is a stretch.

4. Joe says:

Well, true enough. There is a decent bit of evidence and it is the current leading theory. It has A LOT more evidence, then the farce of man made global warming. However, in true scientific method, it is just a theory.

A theory can never be proven, it can only be supported with additional evidence or disproven. It stops being science and turns into religion/faith when you start hearing things like, consensus, the debate is over, inarguable….

5. Tommy says:

The commonly accepted science on the migration of Africans out of Africa does not make any sense because the native continent of Africa is 100% black in the sub-Saharan range, and NONE turned white, yellow, red or any other color as we see across the remainder of the planet. Probably what happened was that there were more than one group of Africans on the ground in or around the land mass known as Africa, the Middle East and Southern Europe and certain groups migrated outward. The land mass when these groups were created were living in one range that probably was 1000 miles in diameter, and the Mediterranean Sea was probably very small. I highly doubt and find it very suspicious that “black” Africans left Africa and became all of these other groups that we see ranging in color from brown to pure white, all the languages, and cultures….quite a joke That is ridiculous. I am not a racist…THINK. There are no similar groups native to Africa of Caucasians, Asians, Indians(India), Latin Americans…etc. Everyone native to Africa is well….Black African over billions of years. If the migration OUT of Africa were true then on the outlying areas in Africa we would certainly see people of widely varying colors and cultures and we do NOT.

1. bob says:

DNA reseach shows that there were two groups, one from africa, the other from what is now europe. the garbage about everyone coming from african ancestry is pure propaganda.

2. SouthronAmerican says:

It’s theorized they came out of North Eastern Africa, which has historically been the home of a wide variety of skin pigmentation, not sub-Saharan Africa which is of course predominantly darker shades of skin color.

6. Noir says:

8,000?!? ROFL. I hope you’re just being funny and not serious.

7. The Clintidote says:

Charlize Theron is my favorite African-American actress.

8. Fred Zarguna says:

I’m 100% Native American.

I was born here.

3. John says:

I’m an American of Mexican decesnt. What the hell is a Hispanic?

1. CHANGOMANGO says:

From personal experience: most Hispanics don’t want to be American they want to remain Mexican, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Salvadoran, etc…while enjoying the benefits only available to them in this country. They want the United States to become Hispanic. Most Hispanics don’t want to assimilate, they want Americans to assimilate to them.

1. Harry Ballsack says:

Tell that to the thousands of Men and Women who are of Spanish Descent in our Military..moron

2. changomango says:

Hey Harry Ballsack, Hispanics make up 9% of the military yet are 16% of the population and many sign up to fulfill their macho wet dreams or for a “job” not out of any loyalty of love of country, I served with many who flew their national flag (not the U.S. flag), go figure.

3. trigger says:

its also easier to get citizenship when you serve

4. Siberdood says:

True true true!! Also from personal experience (half of my family is Latino).

And I have ALWAYS thought of myself as American so it grates on me. If you are living here and anything other, then you are a member of an exclusive club where others can not join. If you ‘have’ to be seen African American then obviously I can’t join. If you ‘have’ to be seen as Italian then obviously I can’t join ……. etc etc.

Be American, assimilate and dammit, SPEAK ENGLISH. English is not my first language. but my english can challenge every lazy immigrant and most born Americans because I sincerely WANT to be here and I have brought something to the table.

5. Paul says:

Puerto Ricans are over represented in the U. S. Marine Corps, and have served our country bravely.
        P.S. i am not Puerto Rican.

6. Proud_American says:

Changomango, speak for yourself. I was born in Cuba, but I am an American. My wife was born in Mexico, but she is also an American. Our children are all Americans. As far as “benefits” are concerned, asides for the freedoms that this country has given my family and me, the only other “benefit” is to be able to make enough money and pay enough in taxes to support all the lazy “Americans” waiting in line for a handout from Nobama

7. Settler Son says:

It sure does seem that way…of course there are exceptions, but there are PLENTY of Hispanics where I live who rabidly cling to their origin, and speak Spanish to their kids at parks and elsewhere in public….even when the kids answer them in English! I drive 27 miles to/from work every day, and I pay attention to cars around me….very few fly US flags from their rearviews as I do, but MANY fly other flags, esp. Mex, Phil, Dominican, Cuban, etc. If they love their home countries THAT much, how could they ever leave them?!

8. Gomez says:

A spic is a spic.

2. Al Jay says:

Like that John.

3. Noir says:

A Hispanic is, according to the American Government as of the 1970’s, anyone who comes from a country formerly conquered by the Spanish. In other words, Phillipinos, Guamanians, Mexicans, South Americans, etc. Latinos are people who originated in a nation formerly influenced by the Romans and their language. i.e. Italians, Portuguese, Spanish, French. In other words, a Brazilian would be considered Latino, but not Hispanic. Same for an Italian. Hope that helps….

1. bob says:

wouldn’t we all be Roman then?

2. Milly says:

Italians have nothing to do with anything Spain.

3. Carl says:

Why would Haitians or Brazilians be Hispanic? Hispanic suggests Spanish influence.

4. Fred Zarguna says:

It doesn’t, because it’s baloney.

I want you to find a Frenchman anywhere on this planet who regards himself as a “Latino.” For that matter, I want you to produce ONE person other than yourself who believes Latino is a correct designation for Italians, Frenchmen, or for that matter, Spaniards.

Latino refers to Latin America. It has _nothing_ to do with Rome.

5. nutstoyou says:

Invoking the federal government as a reference for definitions is like invoking Obama as a reference for the judicial system — you know, the one packed with unelected judges.

4. JM says:

Hispanic describes people who descend from Hispania, which was the Roman name for the Iberian Peninsula. Virtually 100% of Hispanics are white, which makes the notion that anyone with brown skin is Hispanic all the more funny..

5. iodiner says:

Chango…God bless you for your service, my American brother!

4. Ryan says:

Well if they want to be considered American then stop checking the box HIspanic, don’t ask for any special privledges and don’t ask for education support.

Take down your Mexican or other National Flags, speak English around other Americans, and start acting American. How does one act like American? Stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance, fight for our Education services, stop trying to buy the cheap products and stop sending money to family in other countries.

1. Señora Erika Y. Figueroa says:

“How does one act like American? Stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance, fight for our Education services, stop trying to buy the cheap products and stop sending money to family in other countries.”

I am an American. A proud American. I’m also of Puerto Rican ancestry. I stand for the Pledge of Allegiance and I never begged anyone for anything. I’m also a Combat Veteran. I also savor my Puerto Rican/Spanish heritage via language, food, music and culture. I fly a Puerto Rican flag in my car. I have both the American and the Puerto Rican flags on my desk. I send money to family and friends in need.

I’M NO LESS AMERICAN THAN YOU!!!!

If American Irish can celebrate St. Patricks Day, the American Germans have beerfests or Jewish Americans can speak Hebrew then I should be able to speak Spanish and listen to Celia Cruz whenever I damned well please without some angry Gringo telling me in essence “to go back home”.

Luckily for your stupid culo I donned an American military uniform so you could be free to profess your bigotry anonymously on a website.

YOU’RE WELCOME…

1. Eliot says:

Wow, I love your rant! I couldn’t have said it better myself.

2. Harry Ballsack says:

AWESOME!! Truth be told!!

3. Lilian says:

Good for you.

4. Sean says:

Very well said. I believe part of the reason why Ryan feels he is more American than Hispanics or other minorities is media’s endless propaganda and stereotype. When was the last time you heard on fox news of contribution of Hispanic soldiers or other minorities in the military. Since most people makeup their mind by passive listening, they believe what media tells them. Just like this story is a great example of picking up a story and running it to stereotype Hispanics.

5. standwatie says:

Actually, I have no problem with the Puerto Rican flag. I see it like any State flag. You guys are Americans by birthright. Where I have a problem is when you talk to third generation Americans of Cuban descent who say they’re “Cuban” not even saying “Cuban-American.”

I can’t stand the term “African-American” since these folks have nothing in common with Africa. And what would we call a white person born in Africa who moves to the US and becomes a naturalized citizen? For he/she is truly an “African-American.”

6. Nice work DC says:

Don’t try to throw your military experience out there like some trump card because it’s not. Just because you joined the military doesn’t make your opinion more valid. Not to mention, we’ve lost more freedoms since you’ve been in the military than any other time in the history of this great country. See Patriot Act, NDAA for some examples.

As far as St Pattys and beerfest, when’s the last time you saw a group of Irish-Americans or German-Americans cruising down a popular boulevard with an Irish or German flag draped across the hood of their cars. Or any of these groups voicing there opinion about someone wearing an American flag on “their’ day of celebration. If you need more information google “La Raza” that’s the American Pride(or lack there of) that Ryan is talking about.

7. I am Martin Hessler says:

“angry Gringo”…..?

American Irish, American Germans, Jewish Americans don’t get points added to their SAT scores, special preferences in school admission decisions, or insist that they be taught in Gaelic, German or Hebrew.

They don’t insist that they be called a hypenated American; they, too, have fought and died in huge numbers (many more than Hispanics) in wars the preserve all our freedoms.

“Luckily for your stupid culo I donned an American military uniform so you could be free to profess your bigotry anonymously on a website”…..
        Now there’s a door that swings both ways. I’d like to see your 214.

8. 140/90 says:

Well said, Erika.. I served in the Army from 1958 and into 1965, well before lots of the controversy we now encounter and well before people were being labeled by the so-called intellectual elite and the government as Hispanic. I served with men who themselves or their ancestors had come from many Spanish-speaking countries and regions. We all got along, and we never talked about what made any of us American. We just worked together and did what we had to do. some people were prejudiced in one w=ay or another, and others were not, on all side. Those who could speak Spanish spoke it at times and not others. Mostly everyone communicated as best they could in whatever language worked while on duty, and in whatever language they desired when off duty. Some of hung around mostly with our “own kind” and others commingled almost completely, depending upon our individual desires. I had sergeants and officers over me whose heritage varied dramatically, but many could speak Spanish. On duty, when communicating with me, they used English, sometimes accented, and sometime not. Somehow, everyone muddled along just fine and the job got done. Some people, of all backgrounds, happily were forgotten, but in other cases deep friendships were formed. Since then, I have worked overseas and traveled extensively. My son is married to a Korean national and they live in Korea. We just had visitors from our extended Korean family. One of my best and most enduring friends is Indonesian who lives in the Jakarta area. We have maintained close contact since 1979 when we worked together in Irian Jaya. I find that human beings of all races, cultures, and nationalities have much in common, a love of family, a desire for happiness, an enduring capacity for kindness, and a sense of comfort when surrounded by all that is familiar from childhood.

9. DixT says:

Great singer, Celia was!!!! My ex-daughter-in-law is from Mexico and HATES when she is called “Hispanic!” She speaks fluent English, is here legally, now, and LOVES American culture and way of life—even though she retains her own customs and still speaks Spanish when talking to those who cannot speak English. She worked HARD for 9 years, to get her Permanent Residency—by paying $23,000.00 ON A WAITRESS’S WAGE!!!! Even though she was divorced from my son, my family ALL helped her get her dream of her permanent residency. She lived with me for several years, so she could afford all the fees she had to pay into the INS, over those 9 years. (I wish all Mexicans would have the drive and desire, like my ex-daughter-in-law had!)

10. garretso says:

You were doing fine up until you used the word “Gringo”. “Gringo” is a hate-word just like “Cracker”. I can use the word “Gringo” because I am a Cracker. When you use these words, you are guilty of “Hate-Think”. Stop what ever you are doing and turn yourself in to the closest Re-education Ministry office.

11. von Blucher says:

Wow – some “combat veteran” – more like someone who served in a war zone but never made direct fire contact with an armed enemy!

12. walkthisway says:

PuertoRicans are AMAZING people! How honored and humbled I am that you served our country…People should know what an integral part Puerto Rican’s played in our history. One such event was a group called the BORINQUINEERS. For more info go to http://www.theborinquineers.com . By the way I am not a hispanic . The name hispanic originally derived from “hispanolia”. Thank you for your service!!

13. Proud_American says:

Word! BTW, I like the fact that a person born in Puerto Rico listen to Celia Cruz, a Cuban-born singer. I was born in Cuba and I listen to Tito Puentes, a Puertorican and the “Rey de los Timbales.”

14. iodiner says:

Erika, I appreciate your comments, and bless you for your service – but you rarely have to press 1 for Yiddish.

15. David Hamrick says:

Ms. Figueroa (sorry, don’t know your rank or I would use that),

I taught my children that “American” is not a race or ethnicity, it is a set of ideals we embrace, regardless of where we originated. We don’t leave the other things behind, we bring them to the party! One of my ancestors fought proudly for the United States, under an Irish regimental flag. Thank you for your service to OUR country.

5. JamesOnThePotomac says:

Is Obama
    A) BLACK WHITE AMERICAN
    B) WHITE BLACK AMERICAN

I GET SO CONFUSED!

1. 1marg says:

Is he an American?

1. jeff says:

Good question. Wish we had a good answer.

2. Siberdood says:

No. Not by a long shot. It’s never been in his own heart to see himself as one. His actions prove that.

“just words …. ”

Really, they are.

2. The Clintidote says:

C) AN ARROGANT A$$HOLE

3. Mike says:

All we know is the /Boma was born in a hut in Kenya and cursed by a witch doctor because of his ears…

4. SerfCityHereWeCome says:

Half-black, half-white evil demon of Kenyan descent.

6. Brian says:

How about we call those Hispanics that are legally here, Americans? The rest of them we can call whatever the hell we want. Who gives a flying #$%^@ if they don’t like it.

7. dave says:

Shows you where their allegiance lies. We’re doomed.

8. Sheriff Jayne says:

I’m one of those “White Hispanics”!

9. Jack Ryan says:

I’m a Texan-American. With Scottish, Irish, Welsh and Cherokee heritage.

10. Mark G says:

I don’t want to be called that either. It may be my back ground but I’m American. For 3 plus generations my family on both sides has been here. I have nothing to do with Mexico and also I have nothing to do with Germany either.

11. dennis says:

I’m an American of Italian decent. For me, Latin will always be associated with the Latin language and the people of the Italian peninsula. Latino and Latin America seem like inaccurate terms for a person of, say, Colombian decent. The Spanish speaking decedents should not be allowed to use the term Latino. That should be reserved for the origin of Latin in Italy.

1. Carl says:

They speak a Romance language that has just as much in common with Latin as modern Italian. But of course, is Quebec part of Latin America?

12. Sinjin says:

That’s because the left and media (same thing) don’t want them to think of themselves as Americans. They fit into neat little democrat voting blocks the more separated they are from the mainstream. They are easier to control and coddle this way.

The general grouping as Hispanics or Latino is absurd. So they share the same language. So what! What does a white Puerto Rican have in common with a Mestizo Mexican other than language? How about a Mulatto Cuban and a white Argentinian? Absolutely nothing in common yet the left confines them to being minorities for life because they have catchy Spanish last names.

We most certainly need a cultural revolution in this country. The true racists are on the left and they include “leaders” of these “minority”groups. They don’t want equal rights. They want special rights and an easy way to the American dream for the mindless and ignorant supporters. Hand outs, affirmative action,, media preferences, etc.

13. SG says:

These types of surveys are always questionable. The second dictionary definition for the word “typical” is, “considered to be an example of some undesirable trait.” I’m not so sure that I would want to be called a “typical American.” I consider myself to be a decent American, not a typical one. Given the options of a survey, people will only pick one of the options that the survey has given them. That’s about all we can really tell.

14. Ray says:

I am one of those “hispanics” too because my forefathers came from Spain and I HATE the term! I grew up speaking English, I said the pledge (US) every day at school with my hand proudly over my heart. I served proudly in the US military, and I believe one has to be here legally and if youre not, get out! You can live here if you do it legally. Heck, I even listen to Country music! What the heck does that make me? Let me tell you what it makes me – AN AMERICAN. I never have and never will refer to myself as a hispanic or a latino. I am an American!

15. Tom says:

Raise your hand if you like being called caucasion! This will be the new “N” word!

1. Dennis says:

“Cracker” is the derrogatory term. You can call me Caucasian anytime because its correct. Just like “Negro” is the correct term for blacks. I don’t like “Honky or Cracker” just as offensive to me as the “N” word is to blacks, but you can call me anything you want. Its not an issue to me.

1. Lewis says:

Concur! I personally dislike “white”. Would seem eyes and teeth should not designate the color of a person. I don’t care for Caucasian as my ancestry is not from that region, but I can accept the designation. I would prefer Japhethic. Hamitic would work for those of african ancestry. Negroes should get over the problem with Negro. “Black” is negro in Spanish and negra in Portuguese . A rose is a rose by any other name…

2. iodiner says:

Black and white are just convenient terms, and I don’t see why anyone should have a problem with them. People get all hung up on exact PC terms. What’s the BFD?

16. WriteLoudly says:

LOL …OMG 2 Funny Robert G

17. RattlingBones says:

I prefer to be called a “Well-Endowed American”.

18. MexicanAmerican says:

I was born and raised in the USA. My family is of Mexican origin, yet, everyone has always asked where I´m from as if I am not Ämerican¨when they see my last name., its no wonder ¨hispanics¨dont feel American. Anyway, I dont check hispanic on the census sheets. I check white and Native American. I have brown hair, blue eyes,, what we call Mestizo in latin america. I guess they would call me a ¨white Hispanic¨, but I prefer to be called Mexican American if anything because HIspanic is not a race, its a very broad term for people of countries that share a very vaguely similar culture of Spanish origin (some more than others, even when talking about the same country). I think speaking Spanish is important as well as having a fluent knowledge of English. In no other country is speaking two languages or more considered controversial. Only in the good old USA…. I speak perfect Spanish and English, but do prefer to speak Spanish around other Spanish speakers. People here are so ignorant with their comments, always stereotyping and jumping to conclusions. Im so glad I live in the Southwest where there are millions of people just like me–college educated (on my own dime), cultured, mobile, affluent,well–traveled, politically involved, and proud of our cultural origins. Never leaving a border state again (unless I lived in Arizona lol, but that will change soon enough with demographics 🙂 )

1. changomango says:

Funny, my half Mexican quarter Chinese quarter Italian Mexican born wife always gets asked where she’s from IN MEXICO JUST BECAUSE HER LAST NAME IS YONG! As do I who’s half Mexican half black Colombian with the last name of Anderson!

And what does demographics have to do with following the law or enforcing the law? Guess the Mexican and Mexican American mindset is that laws don’t apply to them.

And please explain why you’re so proud of your “cultural origins”? Millions of Mexicans who flee their country aren’t too proud at all!

Good luck with your on-line degree from Tortilla Tech!

1. MexicanAmerican says:

LOL funny, I ´m probably more educated then you. What I refer to about Arizona is the violation of civil rights of people who are US Citizens of ¨hispanic¨desccent. I don´t carry my passport when I´m in Europe unless I´m crossing borders and I´ll be damned if I have to carry my passport to avoid harassment in a U.S. State when I was born in the U.S.A. That is what I´m referring to. Obviously you are jumping to conclusions to suit your personal prejudices. And why woldn´t I be proud of my cultural origins? We should all be proud of where we come from, even if its from a trailer park or some tin shack in Appalachia. Lets celebrate our ancestors, our history, no matter who we are…..geeez.

19. Frank Martinez says:

I am an American FIRST, a US Citizen by birth of Puerto Rican descent. I fly an American flag outside my home. You can’t ask anyone to leave their culture and ancestry behind, so I’m not leaving mine behind either. Italians don’t, French don’t, Irish don’t, so what is your problem with people of Spanish descent other than flat out racism? I served 20 years in the active Army, and 7 as an Air Force civilian. I’ve never asked for anything from this country other than an opportunity to serve it. As for all of you Anglo-Saxons holier than thou get out of my country types, as usual, you sound ignorant every time you get into these type of discussions. We are a huge political force, learn it, live it and love it. We are conservative by nature (don’t believe the liberal media, they lie), and we will elect Mitt Romney as the next president after we get rid of this fiasco in the WH.

1. phillysmart says:

Are you an American or Mexican…If your an American than you live and die as an American

2. Truth says:

Italians, French and Irish all learned to speak the main, binding language of the land. This was supposed to be a melting pot; then we started taking in people that were to lazy and stupid to learn the language…it has been all downhill since.

1. Noir says:

Look up the word HEGEMONY. The Melting Pot is an antiquated notion and one that you can shove where the sun doesn’t shine. Thank you!

3. ObozoTheClown says:

Frank, despite what is being fed in the media, most republicans / conservatives are very pro-hispanic/latino/cuban/puerto rican. In fact, I live in a part of the country that has a high concentration of immigrants (legal and illegal) and they are much more republican than people on this board dream of.

Marco Rubio is drafting a law which will completely change the views of the immigrants toward the republican party. Watch and see.

To all of my fellow conservatives and / or republicans, you are foolish to blame the illegals for the problems. WE are the problem. We need to embrace them by adopting a sane immigration policy. How many of you know that EVERY immigrant group that is here over two generations is republican by a wide margin????

Do you understand that when we embrace the immigrants they will become republican / conservative and we can finally rid this country of the liberal / leftist / marxist / socialist inbred cancer??? THINK!!!!

1. Fred Zarguna says:

We don’t know it, because it isn’t true.

It isn’t true of African-Americans, who have been here longer than anyone else except maybe those of English or Dutch descent.

It isn’t true of Italians, and it isn’t true of the Irish.

4. Tom says:

The only people you have to blame is your fellow country men. They are the ones riding around in low rider honda’s proudly hanging the Puerto Rican flag from the rear view mirror. Again I repeat…..It’s your own peoples fault.

5. mbradleyc says:

You had me at “fly an American flag”.

20. Dennis says:

If I don’t know where you came from then what do I call you?

1. Noir says:

How about by my name? I don’t know where you came from, should I call you a random Cracker? A European American? White Trash? Or just idiot? You choose.

1. KrassbutTrue says:

How about we call you idiot. You claim to be supporting Hispanics and Latinos yet you use a french word for your tag name. Confused identity much?

21. phillysmart says:

Those results are pretty disturbing particularly that only 21% consider themselves American…very disturbing!

22. netshark says:

Of course they believe that speaking Spanish in the US is important. Why be courteous and learn the language of the country you move to when can get catered and pampered?

1. MexicanAmerican says:

Let me know where I can go get catered and pampered just for speaking Spanish….is this the same place where they give all these mystical ¨freebies¨and ¨goodies¨ mentioned on here? I´m imagining some liberal Santa flying around throwing gold on us Spanish speakers.

23. pixe1942 says:

If you don’t want to be called an American then go live in the country that you want to be called by—My Grandfather was an American but his birthplace was Bristol England and he came through Ellis Island….

24. OldOllie says:

If I trace my roots back 18 generations, I have ancestors who came from England. However, the United States wouldn’t even exist for another 150 years, so what does that make me? I guess that means that my ancestors came to the United States from America, which makes me an American-American.

1. pixe1942 says:

Me too,Amen to that

2. LiberalNN says:

Per liberals that makes you part of the problem and you should be ASHAMED of your American heritage you pig!

3. Dennis says:

If I go back upteen generations, I was a slave too !

25. Dennis says:

By race standards, “hispanics or latinos” are caucasians. We can blame the liberals for the stereotypes.

26. Wolfgang Frack says:

THERE IS THE PROOF that 79% of the Latino-what-evers AREN’T AMERICANS.

They are NOT Americans for not wanting to assimilate.

27. Barry bin Inhalin says:

Gee, how can Obama pander to the non-hispanics-in-title-only crowd? I’m sure he’ll find a way.

Look, once you have a special box on a government form, an employment app or a school application, deal with the title that the Libbies have given you. They want to give you stuff so they can then tell you they gave you stuff, and you’ll presumably vote for them, right?

But If you want to be called just plain old ‘American’s’, be prepared to give up the goodies.

28. GKS says:

I’m a Texan which means I am an American blessed to be living in the greatest state in the union, one that did not help Bozo the Clown become president, unlike many of the lesser 49.

1. Dennis says:

Bold and brash, just like what we always have heard about our Texan brothers. SC is the untimate conservative stronghold.

29. Walljasper says:

Gringo? Shut your RACIST pie hole.

30. Joe Bob says:

If you live in the United States, but identify more with some other country/culture, then you need to go back there, period. For that matter, if the land of your forefathers was so great, why did they bother moving here – perhaps it is because your home countries resemble a dung-pile. Assimilate or leave!

31. Eliot says:

I’m Puerto Rican and Italian and married to an Irish Italian. My kids enjoy The Columbus Day, St Patricks, and Puerto Rican day parades!!!! We eat Corned beef and cabbage, Macaroni, and rice and beans. By the way, Puerto Ricans are born Americans you stoooooopid culos.

1. changomango says:

That’s a mistake we need to fix!

66% of Put00 Ricans receive some type of federal assistance even though they don’t pay federal taxes.

The first year Put00 Ricans were granted American citizenship, half the population immigrated to the mainland because they couldn’t stand their self made hell.

1. MexicanAmerican says:

If you take over what was never yours, be prepared to deal with the consequences.

32. garylee123 says:

A M E R I C A N!!! Try it hyphenated what evers. You might like it.

33. Rick says:

I am an American by birth, whose ancestors came to the U.S. from Mexico, to seek a better life. I have served as a U.S. Marine and would be willing to die for my country, The United States of America. Whomever came up with the idiotic term “Hispanic” did so intending to pigeon hole various groups of people into one group. In so doing they deny our individual histories, and diverse races. When the bureaucrat who came up with the term can show me where Hispania is located, and then trace my relatives as coming from that magical place; at that point I will become hispanic. Until then, I am just another American with a beautiful natural tan.

34. algoa456 says:

The fact is – whether one likes it or not – tribalism is a big factor in all racial groups.

Blacks vote for blacks, Hispanics for Hispanics (if they could) and where whites are in the minority whites vote for whites. If Chinese were a significant group they’d vote for a Chinese candidate. Arabs would vote for Arabs.

America is coming apart because the groups increasingly vote for the man or woman of similar race or ethnic background. When it was mainly white people they could vote for differences between candidates, but as the numbers of whites proportionally decrease this is the sad future fate of America.

And liberals will rapidly shift their positions when the chips are down. (Example: South Africa had many liberals fighting for the black’s right. Now it is hard to find a white liberal in SA.)

Just like other dysfunctional ‘mixed’ societies multiculturalism will have destroyed the US.

35. ropati says:

Americans are going down this road alone. The French do not identify themselves as Algerian-French, or anything-else-French. In fact, a primary goal of French pre-school is to insure that all children self-identify as French as learn and use French as their primary language. I teach French and have had students ask me if blacks shown in French films were “African-American”? I had to tell them these people are not American at all. The rest of the world understands and appreciates national identity, while we try to be all things to all people. Ridiculous.

36. Senior Chief says:

I’m the son of immigrants from Glasgow, Scotland. That makes me … American!

37. apuertorican says:

I am a male of the human race.

38. Eamon Diaz says:

Democrats via the census (sensless) like to put people intio categories. How about we all be Americans.

keep the nationality thing to the private moments of our lives.

PS I am a KeltoSlav

39. KjG says:

There is an easy fix to this….

If you were born on American soil, you are an American and your skin color does not matter. This would make things a lot simpler. No more Afican-American, Asian-American, Hispanics/Latinos, ect…

Just plain old American, if we can think on these trems then we would not have such a divided nation

1. Noir says:

But then who would white people discriminate against? How would they validate their superiority complex? Who would they pay off to do all the work?

1. revelstone says:

noir i think i resemble, um resent that. i’m white born in new york, farm country, and currently 55. the only decent vacation i’ve ever had was while in basic training for the air force. still working.

2. KjG says:

wow….

You missed the point there Noir, even if you are trying to be funny.

40. P. Amboy says:

I am of Native American heritage. A real American, all the rest of you are immigrants. Go home.

1. Texasamerican says:

Hey P. Amboy. Welcome to the discussion. I AM home. We all are. All the nationalities who came to America owe a lot to the “Real Americans”. The history of this nation is what it is, all the good and the bad.
      When we live our lives and do what we can we need apologize to no one. You never ran from your home and neither did I. I guess that makes us both Americans.

2. freecheese says:

I am a “Native American” also. I am from Europena ancestory — German. I was BORN in the United States, so that makes ME a Native American.
      American Indians migrated here from Aisia. Touche’

1. Paul says:

I am part American Indian, part european, does that mean half of me has to go back to Europe, get the chain saw out.

41. Jerry Rodriguez says:

I’m the son of a Nicaraguan immigrant.

I am not a Latino. I don’t speak Latin. Latin America doesn’t speak Latin. The term itself is stupid.

Hispanic, while having the word panic in it, makes more sense, because of Hispanola . . .

By the way, I’m also a disabled American veteran, injured in the line of duty during a time of war.

I’m an American. First, and without equal.

1. ObozoTheClown says:

Jerry, see my comments to Frank above and AMEN!!!!

2. American first and last says:

And my fellow American.

Thank you for protecting the country where some people are dedicating to destroying it.

You did your job. WE’LL take care of the local enemies…

42. RattlingBones says:

The “Balkanization” of America is leading to serious problems. This country grew strong as a “Melting Pot”; it is being torn apart by “Celebrating Diversity”.

That is not to say we shouldn’t appreciate each culture, but something needs to bind us as a collective; language would be the strongest, best solution.

English needs to be made the language of the land.

1. Roberto says:

no is not, actually it is our strength!!! we actually can plant spies in Iran that work for us and are Iranian Americans!!! Our Chinese population is creating our top of the line computers and Germans put our first man on the moon. Our immigrants gave us the strength otherwise it will be a country of barbarians because the first wave of immigrants from Europe was like a marielitos boatload !!!

1. RattlingBones says:

All those wonderful people that you speak of knew how to read, write and speak English. We need to make English the “official” language of the country. If you need a translator in this country it is up to you to pay for one.

English is the language of business throughout the world, yet here we encourage people to remain ignorant.

43. JeffMark says:

OK? Although this article did not specify what a majority prefer to be called. OK, if they show my proof of citizenship they are “Mexican,” if not, they are “illegal mexicans!” I wil first ask which one are you/

44. jackboot says:

I am so glad to be living in the first post-racial time in America. Thank you Obama for bringing us all together as Americans.

45. jocko says:

Well, with the death of capitalism which allowed people to live better than their historic enimiies rather than killing them, all the old hatreds are resurfacing. Congratulations, liberals, your utopia is splitting apart at the seams along nationalistic lines just like it does everywhere else in the world.

46. T-man says:

Maybe border-jumping freeloaders would be a better term?

47. Jerzey Boy says:

Shall I call myself a White-German-Jersey-American?

48. Dreadmore says:

the story says they do not want to be called “hispanics” then the author goes on to call them hispanics…

49. Roberto says:

Why?…simple…a caucasian is called white, a black person African American but latinos are white, blacks and even asian!!! Hispanic is a term to coin a language used and not an ethnic origin.Hispanic is not a race but the term is used loosely as a race description. We have people in hispanic countries that are more caucasian than anybody here and still labeled hispanic like is from a different race???? We have blacks, caucasians,asians,from arab descent and irish descent in the hispanic population,even Jews!!!!!! My grand grand daddy came from Israel and my dad had blue eyes, iam from Puerto Rico!!!a better description should be their ethnicity describing their country of origin like Irish American or Mexican American. Another thing!!! i consider myself to be american. I served 24 years in the U.S. Army and my father also and was born and raised in the territory.

50. JGC says:

We’d love to call you American if you assimilate like the Italians, Germans, Irish, Poles, et. al. have done over the decades/centuries!! It is up to you. It is your decision, just like all the rest have done!

51. Big Boy says:

Now I can call myself a “Lithuanian-American” with great pride!!!

52. Downward_spiral2012 says:

Latin, Hispanic, Latino, etc. are all creations of leftist statists. I am an American period.

53. Norbert G. Ginsel says:

Got it. I have a DIL who is of puertorican descent, out of Catalonia.She hates it. It’s a slap-sash cheap way to label people who are quite diverse Strictly political.

54. MexicanAmerican says:

Some of you rednecks need to assimilate into educated Americans, just sayin….

1. changomango says:

Rednecks built this great country, Mexicans built Mexico, who’s smarter?

1. MexicanAmerican says:

I thought the slaves built it…

2. changomango says:

You answered the question pendej0! LMFAO!

1. MexicanAmerican says:

Thanks for making my layover so entertaining–time for my flight..off to Cancun for Semana Santa. Have a nice life.

55. Steven says:

That’s why Blacks call them White Hispanics now……They can lump them into one group and call them racists like us white folk.

56. mike says:

The scariest statistic in that whole poll:

Only 21 percent of those polled identified themselves as “Americans.”!!!!!!!

This is why we need to increase deportations and step up border security. Hispanics don’t even view themselves as American any more.

57. John C says:

If Latinos don’t want to be called “Hispanic”, and blacks don’t want to be called “the N-word”, then they should quit using these terms to describe themselves.

What makes a country strong is what its people have in common. The good news is, people who are “African-American,” “Hispanic American”, “Mexican-American”, “Asian-American”, and “Native American”, all have the same last name, “American”. This is what we all have in common and should focus on most.

58. LightlyYoked says:

“Only 21 percent of those polled identified themselves as American.”

NOW do you understand why Americans don’t want Hispanics pouring into the US? Either you’re American or you’re not. If so, you’re welcome to come and be a part of the greatest nation that ever was. If not, go live in the country you identify yourself with.

59. kentkd34 says:

Sorry, Hispanics, you will have to live with it. Mr. Obama and his liberal cronies only can distinguish you by your group label.
    They don’t have the ability to judge you and appreciate you as individuals.
    You don’t have to physically wear the label……….yet.

60. SerfCityHereWeCome says:

Another push-poll from the lefties at Pew to deliver the desired number for the gay lobby. Calling SERIOUS BS on the 58% approval number for gay marriage among Hispanics who are generally more pro-family than whites. Prop 8 in CA passed with HUGE majorities of black & Hispanic support with only whites narrowly voting against it, and CA blacks & Hispanics are about as close to being 0% Republican as you can get, outside of a teachers union, prison or cemetery.

61. David says:

Is Jay Carney reading from a teleprompter during a live Q&A? Look to the Right of Carney at the reflection of text. Notice how he stumbles around until the text changes.

[http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/03/baier_vs_carney_press_sec_says_leadership_is_not_presenting_a_budget.html]

Please help get this to go viral. It’s important for people to know about this.

62. Magellan says:

I just don’t get it.

I am a first generation AMERICAN of Portuguese decent.

When my father became a naturalized citizen of the United States he then referred to himself as an AMERICAN of Portuguese decent.

He continued to speak Portuguese at the Philadelphia Portuguese Club. BUT, he sponsored new citizens and helped them to learn to speak English.

No United States citizen has ever been asked to give up their cultural background and language, but to celebrate it and add it to the mix that makes us ALL AMERICANS.

You can move to Great Britian and become a citizen, but that doesn’t make you British.

You can move to Italy and become a citizen, but that doesnn’t make you Italian.

You can move to Portugal and become a citizen, but that doesn’t make you Portuguese.

But, when you come to AMERICA and become a citizen…..you become an AMERICAN.

1. CLB says:

Preach it! Didn’t see your comment before posting mine further down…

63. manny says:

I am an american of mexican immigrants. I am an american that is all. My loyalty is to the United States of America for whom I served for 12 yrs. I have no desire to be Mexican or to recreate Mexico in the United States. God bless the United States of America.

64. kerryrynn says:

Long ago I wanted to be hypenated – I’m a Northern European-American (So much easier than German-English-Irish-Scottish-Swedish-American.

65. Noir says:

The term Hispanic didn’t even exist prior to the U.S. Government establishing it to differentiate between caucasians and brown people. You can thank Richard Nixon for developing the schism that now separates you as a people and will further erode your culture and nation until it is unrecognizable.

66. NooYawkah says:

I say that, for simplicity’s sake, we call them all illegal aliens. Chances are the name will fit.

67. SharingNews says:

I’m American.

My family’s heritage is German/Native American/French/Russian/Irish.

I am American.

However, I will be polite and call you what you wish.

I wish you wanted to be “American”.

68. tim says:

I’m a get-up-and-do-my-job-day-after-day-and-don’t-ask-for-government-handouts-American.

69. MNBobster says:

I like to be called “Dutch-German-Austrian-Gypsy-American” and not “Gringo” or “European”. Thanks!

70. Sage says:

The world Hispanic came from the LOONEY left. This PC language has got to stop. It peeves everybody off and most people do not like it. It’s simple…Mexicans are from Mexico. Brazilians are from Brazil. Germans are from Germany etc. Simple huh? Liberals want to throw a wrench into everything and “see how it plays out”…99% of the time? They’re WRONG!! Just look around you. If they had left this “hispanic thing” alone we would be much better off today.

71. norman says:

I guess they should be called according to their native countries. Most of them are more Indian or black than real Hispanic and even Hispanics from
    Spain are partly Moorish.

1. A Scanlon says:

Oh! You mean the same way that Americans are partly Blackish and partly Mexicanish?

72. Matt Hedstrong says:

Media – Please make the comment thread on this article a piece of front page news. THIS is America. The vast majority of the posts feel and are American and they don’t need your labels or identity politics. I am a minority of one. For all you who are not Americans living in and exploiting this great land, exit immediately. For new immigrants – drop your cultural baggage, you left your country of origin for a reason.

73. pedro says:

If you don’t want to called plain o AMERICAN go back to your homeland……..

1. MexicanAmerican says:

my homeland is Tejas

1. changomango says:

I doubt it very much if your homeland is Tejas! Less than 1% of the total population of Mexico lived in what is today’s American southwest, more than likely your parents or grandparents immigrated to the state of Texas to flee the cesspool that was, is and will be Mexico!

74. Jimmy says:

Ahh!!! you got your Chocolate in my Penut Butter! You cant mix stuff like that. We would all turn into S’mores. Chocolate, marshmallow and tosty brown gram crackers. Yum, we are all S’mores whether you have a hyphen or not. Can you show your pedigree is pure back 10, 000 years? No? Filthy mudblood S’mores. Can we have some more? We don’t want to have to make Cablanasian and twenty other new mixes count as new catigories. Human is a pretty good classification.

75. Greshnab says:

So.. i have to ask.. if you have a study saying they don’t like it.. why would you do it twice in one headline? Guessing they dont’ have a large Spanish speaking reader bse

76. stinky stew says:

how about the word SPIC? – you know as in the household cleaner “spic and span”??

77. Sherlick Holes says:

100% of morons are 50% American.

78. Winkycat says:

First the coloreds, no I guess the blacks, no I guess it is African American even though the NAACP stands for “National Association for the advancement of COLORED PEOPLE” or the even more prestigious organization UNCF which stand for “National NEGRO college Foundation” those words are racist even though these organizations were founded by prestigious Negros. Now comes the Hispanics. What would they want to be called and will the rest of us bow to it. As a person from the Sub continent (not India or Pakistan or Bangladesh) the 500 year old mistake of calling the Native Americans “Indian’s still sticks even though an entire nation of over one Billion people rightfully call themselves Indians since they come from India. I do not hear any Indians from India making an issue of this blatant act of false labeling. To the Hispanic community if the Indian community, the most prosperous community in the US can take it so can you.

79. CLB says:

If you are an American citizen then you should start off by calling yourself an “American” before any other “nationality”. Your nation is now America… your heritage may be from somewhere else so use it second. It doesn’t mean that it is any less important but it shows acknowledgement of your citizenship. You could say I’m an American of Latin American Descent… or an American of African descent…or an American of Irish descent. Take pride in the nation of your citizenship! It doesn’t mean denying your heritage but still…have some pride in your country!

80. maynardb61 says:

I don’t refer to them as anything other than People!

81. Johnny says:

This just in. Crackers don’t like being called Crackers.

1. mbradleyc says:

It doesn’t bother me. I don’t even know what it means and don’t care to. If that’s the worst someone can call my then I win!

82. John Galt says:

Country of origin is NOT a race you f’ing morons.

83. Marilynn says:

I’ve always said Mexicans or whatever country of origin as I was told a long time ago that was preferred. Only our “politically correct” climate decided that something was wrong with saying Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, etc.

84. LTodd says:

I worked the 2010 census in California, and this survey comports with my experience. “No, I’m Mexican, ” or “No I’m Guatamalan.”

There’s a lot of confusion when it comes to terms of race. The US census doesn’t use the word “caucasian” anymore. It’s “white.” Technically, anyone of hispanic origin is caucasian, now white. The people called hispanics don’t identify as “white.’ You give them a choice of white, black, native american or asian and they throw up their hands and say either, “You pick” or “OK I’m native american, I guess,” or “I can’t answer that.”

Sometimes I think if we went back to the old anthropological terms — mongoloid, asian, caucasian, native american, etc. things would make a little more sense.

85. Mike G says:

Learn English and call yourself American or go back to the country you came from.

86. Bill in Houston says:

I’m an American. Who gives a rat’s rear end where my ancestors are from?

87. Sensible American says:

I came to the US from Iran in 1979 when the new regime made life there impossible. I love my Iranian heritage and speak Farsi with my Iranian friends and family. I also tried my best to learn the language of this country and embrace the culture. I’ve been told my English is better than most “Americans.” I love this country and don’t take it for granted. I stand for pledge of allegiance and the star spangled banner and put my hand on my heart. I respect the laws of this country and have raised 3 children with the same values. I also believe in God and pray to him to bless our country and to protect our soldiers.I vote and stay informed of the issues facing this country and the world. I can’t understand people who have been living in this country for 20, 30 or 40 years and still can’t put a complete English sentence together or speak in a clear manner.

1. LTodd says:

God bless you.

88. webbery1 says:

Hey I call them reconquistadors. I agree with you. In Arkansas they have taken over the new home industry. White or black folks are being pushed out of jobs they have held for years. This is wrong. We are jobless Americans. We are selfemployed and do not get unemployment checks. This is a very bad thing to do to Americans no matter what color they are. I dare blacks to stand up and push these hoards back across the border. You heard them blacks. You are not having baby’s. They will sweep you under the rug along with all of us whites.

89. I’m an American of Puerto Rican descent…in that order.

90. Choctaw Warrior says:

I call them the Original Invaders. I call myself Indian (ask Russell Means why).
    By the way, if the country you are from is so great, GO BACK!

91. dgor says:

How about calling them Spic’s

1. A Scanlon says:

Sounds good. How ’bout I call you an arse?

92. Kevin C says:

No kidding, just like Asian folks don’t like being called “Oriental” or “Asian” and the all the black guys (and one gal) don’t like being called “African American” The leftists who come up with these politicaly coorect terms are the true racists. There is a story that in the late sixties Bruce Lee was confronted at college by a guy who was mad cause his dad had been killed in the Korean war. Bruce said he was sorry about the guy’s dad but that [that] had been done by Koreans and Bruce said “I’m not Korean, I’m American”

93. Whose Panic? says:

Hispanic
    Herpanic
    Youpanic
    Mipanic
    Theypanic
    Wepanic
    Ipanic
    Dontpanic

1. Rok Alwar says:

Honestly, I prefer to be called an American Cuban and white. Cubans are white, black or mulattoes. Most of Latin America countries should have a different racial classification. Most of them have no latin or hispanic blood. Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, Guatemala, Mexico, Ecuador, Honduras, Salvador, are mostly descendants of the native indians, and I am pretty sure when they come into the USA, a citizen of Bolivia would not like to be classified as hispanic, he is mostly of native american descent and should be called an Aymara or a Quecha.. There are some countries who have a large european mix, such as the argentines, uruguayans, chileans, and c ricans.

94. Brett says:

Acording to the lib press they are white. If the libs say it it must be true.

95. MarkH says:

Why don’t Jamaican’s or Haitians call themselves African-Jamaican or African-Haitian?

96. Cogito says:

If they do not want to be called Americans they should go home.

97. weimardog says:

Most Anglos I know don’t like being called cracker or honkie, but since, at the moment, we the majority anything is fair game.

98. MarkH says:

Why is it alright to call white people “white” or “Caucasian”?

99. MarkH says:

WOW! The media is doing one hell of a job the past few weeks bringing Americans closer together by allowing us to spurt racial arrogant remarks back and forth at each other online. I will take no part in it. Latinos a good people and I treat them like everyone else with respect. The labels of all races must disappear and I mean ALL labels. I know basic Spanish and it feels good when a smile is returned for my effort to communicate. Don’t give into hate! There are more accepting people in this country than the bigots. Trust me they know nothing about what this country stands for!

100. Steve says:

Looked on a map, could not find Hispania

1. A Scanlon says:

Dude, you ain’t lookin’ at an old enough map. Hispania was what Spain was called during the Roman period. And still is, since that was pronounced almost identically to the modern name for Spain by the Spanish, Espanya.

101. fergy says:

Just a thought: How about being AMERICANS?!?!?
    Or am I being racist again?

102. Booga says:

I learned years ago that many people that are from the Americas actually detest being labeled hiSpanic just because they speak Spanish which like English is a European Language. Yet even though that is now known by the author of this article the first thing the twerp does is LABEL. Face it, the “H” word is the new “N” word and the Democrats are the ones who historically have denigrated both, lets not forget that the KKK was OFFICIALLY a Part of the Democratic Party by Act of Congress and that is a verifiable FACT.

103. Ken Puck says:

I guess “spik” is out of the question.

1. Scott says:

Anyone who denies that they’re a racist is a LIAR!

104. bossou says:

I have often wounder about that,our family has been in Texas before USA was created. we have no family in Mexico we don’t even speak Mexican.I do believe in the cowboy way of life so a Texan title would be good.

105. walter12 says:

90% of them are Mexican and want you to know that they are Mexican and not American anyway. So we will call them whatever they want to be called, Mexicans.

106. scr1bbler says:

How about …

A. American ?

B. Visitor (on visa) ?

C. Illegal ?

107. yankee doodle says:

May we all be Americans when we root on our Olympians. (Even if the figure skaters look Chinese, and the basketball players look Nigerian, and the swimmers look German)

108. TMA1 says:

Lib/Commie/Dems are sooooo S-T-U-P-I-D. They come up with a name from the 1st Century that does not even aplly to South ( Latin) America or Central America. And it comes from the other side of the world. What a bunch of dolts. Typical.

109. dwkeller says:

I am pure consciousness in a body: a spirit as the Bible says.

With a body I am a human being (human = biology’ being = spirit).

But honestly, give me Life Liberty and Happiness – that I create with effort and Love, and the beautiful Spirits all aroud me.

110. flyovercountry says:

I prefer to be called TEXAN. (‘Hispanic’ of Mexican descent according to the census.)

111. Dennis D says:

Democrats prefer to lump them together as Hispanic or Latino in the hopes of keeping them in a voting block.

112. No Longer Just White says:

You know, since I am English/Irish/Scottish with a bit of Italian, I am suddenly offended being referred to as white. Respect my ancestors, and call me by my correct heritage.

113. shredder says:

If you’re a citizen, we call you American. If you are American, leave out the hyphen. Some want it both ways, though. You can be American and still be proud of your heritage. Most of us are. Only the ones that are looking for an unfair advantage or, in most cases, a handout use the “_ _ _ _-American handle.

114. Dredd says:

So just do what the NY Times and the leftwingnuts do when they run out of race cards… make up a NEW one like “White Hispanic”!

Then, you can explain how a “minority” can possibly be “racist”. According to Sista Souljah and Sharpton, etc… one cannot BE a racist if they are a minority… right?… right?

115. Marcial R says:

My family is of Mexican ancestry, but we prefer to be called: Americans.

116. Addie says:

It’s easier to just call most of them illegals in 14 million cases you would be correct. I really don’t care what they call them I just know what they are and what they are doing to AMERICA.

117. SturJen says:

My Great-Grandparents came here from Mexico between WWI and WWII. They worked in the fields of California, raised their children to speak English and had two sons join the US Military. My Dad carried on that tradition and fought in Vietnam.

We are not hispanics, or latinos. We are AMERICANS. Whatever we were before my family became here, we traded in for the freedom to make our own way in the US.

118. phillymart says:

As a white man I don’t like being called a racist either….deal with it you ingrates

119. Indigo Red says:

Americans from Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries are called Latin-American, but are not Latin. Americans from Italy are Italian-American, yet they are the original and true Latins. Something is very wrong here.

120. Ben Dilts says:

My wife is a Peruvian, but soon will become an American. I’ve never heard her or any of our Spanish-speaking friends ever refer to themselves as Latino or Hispanic.

121. Keith says:

My great-grandfather immigrated to the US in 1895 from Italy. To the day he died he was proud of his heritage–but as he often said: The day I raised my right hand and took the oath, I became an American! God bless him and everybody else who has come from somewhere else to join our ranks in the greatest country in the world!

122. HaHaHeHe says:

I refer to myself as Founding American because I’m like the guys that signed the constitution and are on the money.

123. Dutra says:

I am a post-Neanderthal, Portuguese, Hispanic, Latino, Anglo, pre-transgendered, tri-sexual, non-caffeinated, dwarf. I gots my rights!

124. Sammy says:

My wife just explained to me why this is true. She was born in a South American nation and came to the US as an infant. She said that she doesn’t want to be lumped in with Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. She doesn’t mind Mexicans so much but the former bothers her. Just relaying what she said.

125. james says:

I’m an Earthling-American.

126. Kristyn says:

I think they prefer Holmes.

127. jcx2 says:

This is an argument I always have with my husband, he says he is Italian, I say I am an American, of Italian descent. If the people interviewed are Americans, either naturalized of born here, they should identify themselves as Americans. It is the Democratic Party that wants them to be called Hispanic…and they not only want to make them a minority, they want to make them a separate Race.

128. Scott A says:

mexican, guatemalan, salvadoran, etc. is not a race, it is merely a nationality. When talking about race, Hispanic is the proper term. ONLY when you are talking about what country someone is from do you use the previous terms.

There is a difference between race and nationality.

129. beanocook says:

It’s white liberals that are obsessed with race. They are the elite that run this country, they need to keep track of y’all. It’s as if they are in a spaceship hovering above all of us, with little puppet strings, deciding what’s good for each group. Gotta love white liberals. They know what’s best for me.

130. Cuban says:

It’s true. I tell people I am Cuban, because that is what I am.

131. Brad says:

I look at it this way…if you are born here… you are a United States Citizen, what does it matter where your family came from, you aren’t from there so let it go!!! Forget the hyphenation. Let’s forget about ones race and focus on the real problems in this country!!! Skin color should not matter, what matters is what’s in ones heart!!

132. Michaelnoaka says:

How dare you Hispanics or Latinos splinter off into your own seperate groups where we Democrats cannot fully take advantage of you.

133. Marty Kay Zee says:

Like it or not, we’re all Africans.

134. Spike says:

We just call them “wets” saves taking time to describe them.

135. Becky says:

I consider myself 100% American, but I was born in Cuba, so I really am Cuban…it’s not just my heritage. However, I came to this country when I was 5 years old, so culturally I am American and Cuban. I know many of you may find this odd, but I feel both. However, my loyalty is the the USA, not to Cuba. I love this country. I love that it opened his doors to my family, and I will be eternally grateful. Thank you, America. You are my home, now and forever. But if anyone asks what I am? I say I was born in Cuba, but I am an American.

1. Vince says:

“Thank you, America. You are my home, now and forever.” Becky, that makes you not just “an American” but “American.”

136. bernieb says:

I prefer ‘ from down there,somewhere ‘!

137. James Brenner says:

Don’t call ME Caucasian!

I’m a Norwegian-German American!

Or you can just call me an American.

138. john says:

I married a woman from Veracruz Mexico over 20 years ago who had become an American citizen. She is proud to say that she is American. But there’s a problem…since I’m “white” and my last name is of German descent, my kids have been told in the great public school system we have that they had to mark the “Hispanic” or “Latino” bubble by their teachers when taking those state tests (I guess to see how bad the school is). I told them to mark “white” the next time or “other” just to see what would happen. They were still told to mark “Hispanic”!!! There is no “American” choice to mark.

1. MarkH says:

Always mark “other”. Don’t let these census people categorize everyone.

139. John says:

I’m 7th generation American of Polish and English/Irish descent

140. lvh2 says:

Is there room for an American-American?

141. Bob says:

The term was invented by liberals to put all Spanish speaking peoples into one voting block.

142. thedrifter says:

Most people would look at me and see white skin that is a littke bit tanned.. How when asked to identify mt etnic or racial origins I indentify myself as an “African American” because anthropologically all of human has it’s origins in Africa. There for all “Americans” are “African Americans”

PEACE

143. Johnny Bench says:

We had several students move here this year who are from Africa and who are Caucasian. Some have now gained citizenship. They call themselves African Americans or Afrikaners which drives our professors absolutely insane. They even tried to tell them that term was already in use in America. Hilarious to witness silly liberal arts professors dumbfounded.

1. Cap Curmudgeon says:

Speaking of a term already in use, I recall a hasty news conference called by a Congressman to answer allegations of drug-use by his staff.

He angrily declared, “These are serious allegations and I will investigate these allegations myself. First, I must establish the identity of the alligators.

True story.

144. irishsmiles says:

My husband is an American of Hispanic descent! Perhaps he might want to refer to a country of another origin if he had snuck across the border illegally. He didn’t Stop hyphenating proud Americans. Good Americans work hard; pay their taxes; serve in the armed forces no matter where their grandparents came from.

145. Ernie says:

yeah, i’m a scottish-american and it really offends me when someone calls me white or caucasion …

146. Paul S. Meers says:

If they don’t like being called Hispanics, then how about what we called them in the Fifties – SPICS !

147. homer says:

Here in Houston it is very apparent that the majority of ” mexicans”
    don’t even give a darn about being American, let alone learning the language.
    more like , ” we are here , and you Americans will bend your culture to fit our needs.
    It is pretty sad, if you asked one who the first president was they would look at you like your nuts

148. Bob Garrow says:

It’s a scam that’s been handed down to us! I’m a Scottish-American since the English religious purges of 400 years ago. My coat-of-arms hangs at my door as it should. My wife is a recent Brazilian immigrant with a dark brown skin tone. People call her “black” until they meet her and then she’s an “African-American” but some call her a “Latina”….but nobody calls her a, “Brazilian”. Is she a “South American-American” or an, “African-South American-American”? When does this madness stop?

149. Angry American says:

I am AMERICAN.
    (albeit an angry one)

Defy this racist government!

150. Giovanni Galtiago says:

This is news only to the government and race obsessed liberals.

My relatives of Mexican descent call themselves Americans, as do my relatives of Asian descent, as do my relatives of European descent.

Now the left has attempted to further divide Hispanics into White Hispanics and non-White Hispanics. I have been on threads where a raving liberal was trying to convince some “Hispanics” to call themselves “black”. What next? White Asians (e.g., China, Japan, etc) v Non-white Asians (e.g., Cambodia, Laos etc)?

It is the goal of big government to create divisions so that they, from their perch on high, can intervene between the competing forces for government largesse and control the nation.

Lunacy.

151. Giovanni Galtiago says:

This is news only to the government and race obsessed liberals.

152. elevenhundred says:

Most whites don’t like being called caucasian. Most north and far south Africans resent African American only applying to blacks.

Race identification is merely for the function of dividing people so they can be easily controlled.

153. Lamont says:

If you are African-American and you decide to become a citizen of, say, Egypt, do you revert to being a Negro?

154. newscrumbs says:

The term “Latino” is the brainchild of Napoleon Bonaparte. He invented it to try and justify to Spanish colonists his claim over Spain’s possessions in the New World.
    His reasoning: Although the French are foreigners, they should be accepted as the rulers of Spanish territories because looking at the bigger picture, Spaniards and French are both Latin, and thereby not alien to one another. Technically true, but a a political label. In effect, “Latino” means nothing. It didn’t back when, and it doesn’t today.

155. Max Lipton says:

No surprise here. The terms “Latino” & “Hispanic” are artificial designations designed for political purposes, mainly by Democrats. Other than speaking a variant of the same language, a Puertorican or Dominican really has no more in common with a Mexican than he does with a German..

156. HAHAHAHA says:

Okay, If Blacks get to have everyone call them “African American”, and Hispanics get to decide what everyone calls them, -by their country of origin, then I, as a White man, have chosen for myself what I want my racial reference to be,
    you can just call me….Master ‘sir.

157. Bobolinsky says:

Tough. There’s no box on census forms for German-American, Libyan-American, or Nigerian-American. There won’t be one for Peruvian-American either. That’s the difference between nationality and race.

I personally don’t really care much for the “white”. So what. We live in a society that, like it or not, has race issues. If we’re going to discuss it we have to have words we can at least agree on definitions without going off on a semantical red herring about how hispanics would rather be referred to by their nationality instead of their race,

158. Phil Pfaff says:

My family came to America from Ireland, England and Germany. We have always called ourselves American but still talk about our native countries. My granddaughters added Mexico to their heritage and are Americans and proud of their heritage. I love the added adventures of learning more about the cultures around us. We are, after all, God’s children.

159. Jackson Parrish says:

These aren’t immigrants, these are colonists.

An immigrant comes to a country to be part of that country.

A colonist retains the identity, loyalty and language of his country of origin. When the British settled in Kenya they called themselves British and demanded that the colony learn the language of their colonial rulers. When Mexicans come here they retain the language, identity and loyalty to their home country and demand that everyone else accommodate them.

160. Americans for America says:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all… The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic… There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else. -Teddy Roosevelt

161. Brian says:

Oddly enough, they also prefer to be called by name too, instead of answering to “Hey you!”

What kind of study is this? Of COURSE people like being recognized as part of a smaller cultural group instead of large ethnicity.

162. stevefraser says:

“Invader”?

163. Francisco says:

It would have been politicially correct to title the article Most ‘H Words” don’t like being called the “H Word”.

164. Logical1 says:

I am an American. If you hyphenate or identify with another country then you are not an American. It’s a good thing to know more than one language but you need to learn English because that is the language in America. Do not expect others to learn your language or convert to your culture. If you do not like America, do not try to change it to resemble your old country, simply return to your old country if it was so great.

165. nutstoyou says:

My race? Rat race. That’s what we’re all in nowadays trying to pay for Obama’s and Chewbacca’s sky-high-prices-on-purpose-so-you’ll-buy-a-Volt gasoline.

166. wallace1303 says:

I do not think of myself as a Scotts-Irish-Cherokee Indian. I vote for the 21 percent that call themselves American..

167. Al says:

Given the results of the survey, shouldn’t that last sentence have been written, “The Pew Research Center surveyed 1,220 Hispanic adults across all 50 states and Washington, D.C.,” using Hispanic rather than Latino?

It’s truly disappointing to see that only 21% seem to identify themselves as American. That might be understandable for someone who was born in another country and immigrated here as an adult, but it’s puzzling for someone who was born here or reared here from childhood. If I thought of myself as a Mexican, I think I’d head for the border and move to Mexico.

168. berto says:

lets call them almost white trailer trash, because they don’t like hispanic and adore white, but their color is brownish

169. smebl0 says:

For all the ignorant fools that like to talk about the “Human” race. Human is a species not a race.

170. John g says:

I am 100% American. Anyone with a hyphen with their original country FIRST needs to have a half vote since their loyalty is in quesrion,.

171. Karl says:

I have to say that I hate being called or even grouped into the term “Hispanic”. I am an American first and foremost and of Cuban decent second. All this group people and multiculturalism is all BS and is used by certain factions with a certain political leaning to divide us as Americans and use the division they create for boost their own power. Sadly too many of the sheeple buy into it we have what we have today in this country…..

172. bruce tominello says:

The reason the term Hispanic is used might be the fact that they are all Spanish speakers. It is very difficult to determine the country they are from because of that one fact. Europeans for example speak the language of their own countries which of the most part is a single language. I would happily call them Mexican, Guatamalen, Venezuelan if I could determine that from the way they look.

173. Benny Espinosa says:

I came to the US as a political exile 50 years ago from Cuba. I am a Cuban by birth, that cannot be changed; I am an American by choice, I became a US citizen at the earliest possible time; Served in the military, married a girl also from Cuba and raised a family; My daughters when asked call themselves American; both of them by virtue of their education have no noticeable accent and are no different from anybody whose roots are from another country several generations removed. What do we consider ourselves? Americans, not hyphenated just Americans. I do resent the Politically oriented balkanization of our society, ironically it started in the 70s with the black community differentiating themselves from the rest of us in order to demand equality and has become a tool by politicians and others trying to gain an advantage and profit by dividing.
    When asked about my race and/or origin I always check the “other” box and write down human or American.

174. kcsparky says:

If someone comes here, yet doesn’t wish to be “American”, why come here at all. Go back home and have a nice life.

175. Sick of Nigeroids says:

SPICCK is MORE APPROPIATE for WETBACCKS!!!!!!

1. Vince says:

We can be sure that plenty of people of all types are sick of you. If for no other reason, I’d be repulsed by you because of your use of all caps and multiple exclamation points. Go back to whatever juvenile sites you usually visit.

1. Paul says:

Even for the ones who fight and die for our nation? The Hispanic police officers and firemen who help keep us safe 24 hours a day?

P.S. I am not hispanic.

176. Sick of Nigeroids says:

SPICCK is MORE APPROPRIATE for WETBACCKS!!!!!!

177. Ron Pavellas says:

I didn’t know I was “white” until I joined the Navy in 1954. I thought only WASPs could be called white. But they also called me Caucasian which confused me. http://pavellas.com/2010/09/06/what-is-it-to-be-%E2%80%9Ccaucasian%E2%80%9D-and%E2%80%A6/

178. gary allan says:

So how do you feel about being called white hispanice by the liberals when referring to the Trayvon Martin case. And now the iberals are calling Mr Zimmerman racist.

179. Maggie says:

Out of 50 states they could only survey 1,220 people? That’s a shame

180. james says:

Most Whites don’t like having to check off white-non Hispanic (lower case on the w – learned at Black universities) either.

181. Sparky2 says:

Give me a break. This reminds me of a business meeting in a major corporation where we discussed politically correct issues so as not to ‘offend anyone’ and a black person when asked the question, “some people get offended if we call them black, others if we call them African Americans”. His answer, “its up to the individual as to which offends him” !?! So what are we to do? Too much ‘political correctness’ promoted by liberal organizations and the media to the point you can’t even discuss an issue that might pertain to a minority group. Foolish.

182. jack says:

note to “hispanics”..

GET OVER YOURSELVES…
    sincerely,

-the real americans…..(of every race)

btw; im proud of my heritage but im not lobbying to fly the Union Jack/Irish/Scottish or German flags over City Hall…..

183. AZsmitty, Arizona says:

It took a study to realise those from Mexico are Mexicans? Our own family tree is resplendent with Spanish origin names from Mexico, yet many English names are there as well. We are Americans, we were born,raised, educated in America we are not hyphinated Americans. We are Americans in the tradition of the melting pot. From many, one Nation. I am proud of our heritage and our origins, but I am most proud that my ancestors came here to the land of opportunity and instilled in us that we are Americans.

184. Steve3 says:

Most of the time … the correct term is gang banger and criminal, but parasite and thief are also accepted.

185. nerf says:

Ya know, that’s always puzzled me. I can call myself half Slavic. What the heck is Slavic? The borders changed so many times that I might be Czeck, not sure. African American strikes me as being a pretty stupid term too. If I were a white guy from South Africa in the US, then I’d be African American. Or I could be an Arab type from Egypt or something. African American, but not black.

186. Say no to PC BS says:

If I have my way, I would drop the whole race description category (“check here if you are: white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc….”) and put in a new category below:

Check below if you are an American of:
    ___ European or Eurasian Caucasian descent (that’s including Britain, Scotland and Ireland)
    ___ Spanish or Portugese descent
    ___ Jewish, Middle Eastern or Arabian descent
    ___ African, Afro-Carribean or Negro descent
    ___ Mexican, Central, or South American (write in country of origin___________)
    ___ Asian or Pacifican (write in country of origin____________)
    ___ Indian or Central Asian (write in country of origin____________)
    ___ Indigenous (American Indian, Hispanic)/Eskimo descent (write in tribe of origin__________)
    ___ Other (write in ___________)

1. Paul says:

You left out Martian, you bigot. LOL

187. Bald Ballsack says:

Who the hell cares!

188. enoughAlready911 says:

African Americans should listen to this.
    The reality is that if you self identify with African as who you are you will always remain a seperate type citizen(of your own doing). Just be AMERICAN plain and simple. Black, brown, off white, white, yellow, red, and everything in between are all the same…..no one is better, no one is worse. When you ask for or demand special or different treatment then suprise you will get different treatment but not the kind you want.

189. Atlas Collins says:

I like tacos and burritos.

190. dtrain says:

As near as I can figure I am French, Dutch, English, Russian, Polish…I guess that just makes me a honkey.

191. Robbocop says:

How better to divide us against each other than to put everyone into a more manageable minority catagory. I am white, but understand perfectly what these people are saying. Terms like racist, cracker, hater, fill-in-the-blankphobe, are all designed to put us into a neat little fictional play that pits us against each other in a manageable way. But who is up to this nonsense? The real haters, the vicious left who want us to believe they care more, and are gooder than the rest of us, and by golly, should be in charge of taking our money from us. After all, if some of that money accidentally made them wealthy for life, in the pursuit of the greater good, wouldn’t we have to let them continue to perpetrate their fraudulent plan of making poor sections of town into permanently poor sections of town?

192. BlownfuelCoupe says:

We’re “Crackers” you can be “Tortillas”, if you’re here Legally you can be called, “American”.

193. busseja says:

All this because the education system made up of sociology idiots who picked that major because they couldn’t do anything else. then they moved to teaching because they couldn’t even do sociology decided to start using the model of America as a salad bowl rather than a melting pot. In the former we all keep our past identity as the primary allegiance in the latter we are absorbed into a better society. The result has bee fractionation, lack of an American identity, loss in esteem of our country and more harmful people in government and education. Wouldn’t it be better if we just called Jose the mexican, Jose?

194. Scott Boswell says:

AND MOST WHITES DON’T LIKE BEING HELD UP OR CAR JACKED OR RAPED BY THEM!! BUT WE DON’T ALL GET WHAT WE LIKE. IF I COULD SNEAK INTO A COUNTRY GET FREE HEALTH CARE AND WELFARE YOU COULD CALL ME WHATEVER YOU WANTED TO.

195. Thogwummpy says:

And no surprise, illegal aliens don’t like being called what they are….illegal aliens. Hey guess what, Paco? You do NOT have a right to un-offended. So, grow-up.

196. important spanish words to know says:

hello!,I like your writing very so much! percentage we be in contact extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to unravel my problem. May be that’s you! Looking ahead to see you.

197. spanish for fun says:

I don’t even know how I finished up here, however I assumed this submit was once great. I do not recognize who you’re however definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger when you aren’t already. Cheers!

198. courses says:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in reality used to be a amusement account it. Look complex to more brought agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

199. dictionar says:

I do agree with all the concepts you’ve introduced for your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for novices. Could you please extend them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

200. spanish translation for fun says:

Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem with your website in internet explorer, would test this? IE still is the market leader and a big part of people will leave out your excellent writing due to this problem.

201. Gorka says:

I’m a Basque born in Spain. Our language is not even a Romance Language. Why the heck people in the USA want be to be Hispanic/Latino. The French, the Italians, Romanians should be called Latinos… not me. And I think the same logic could be applied to most “Hispanic/Latinos”. We either go by race or by ethnic group… not both… but even better let’s get rid of this very very stupid law that puts a label on everybody. Otherwise… why not label the Jews, the Finish, the Hungarians, the Turks… why only the Spanish…

202. Elizabeth says:

My name Is Elizabeth Cuevas Neunder, you have use my photo but did not identify that I am a Spanish Speaking American – Puerto Rican and the flag is a Puerto Rican flag. You gave credit to ‘Mexican’ or ‘Cuban’ or ‘Dominican, but not Puerto Ricans who will be the ones who it place the next President , after all Florida is the battle zone and we are in the middle of it. We Puerto Ricans have chosen Gov. Romney as our future leader. Not Newt who failed to answer my question in Miami. We Elephants never forget!🙂

203. I not too long ago broke one in every of my front teeth and have a cavity on the other
    and most of my different teeth.

204. Vince had other reasons for avoiding ab coaching during mass building, however
    we will save that for an additional time.

205. xbig.info says:

NADEX is the only binary choices exchange regulated by the CFTC and open to retail merchants.

206. Mac says:

He drove his group to numerous triumphs yet later choose
    that his future lies in Bodybuilding and transferring an enormous number of
    individuals all over the world.

207. lil.ink says:

Education can certainly assist your experience be extra nice, and paper buying and selling can help you study
    to be profitable without dropping a ton of money when you learn.

208. Yukiko says:

The Progressive proponents of the 1965 Immigration Act
    claimed it was a logical continuation of the Civil Rights legislation that dominated the political scene throughout that era.

209. Gladis says:

I think I’m going to get Lindemann more dental care treats and
    maybe some of those dental chews.