11 Adults, 5 Children Being Evaluated For Carbon Monoxide At D.C. Apartment Building
Get Breaking News First
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – D.C. fire officials are investigating a condo building in Southeast for high levels of carbon monoxide.
11 adults and five children evaluated for inhalation of the odorless gas at a condo building located in the 2400 block of Wade Avenue. DC fire requested a mass casualty bus at the scene.
The majority of victims were treated at the scene. However, one adult woman was taken to Bethesda Naval Hospital where she received hyperbaric chamber oxygen treatment. Her infant was also taken to a hospital for further treatment. Both are expected to be okay.
Officials told WNEW’s Matt DelSignore the carbon monoxide levels inside the building were 13 times the acceptable levels.
There were no working carbon monoxide detectors in the condo building.
They believe a faulty furnace is responsible for the leak.