106.7 The Fan All News 99.1 WNEW CBS Sports Radio 1580

West Virginia Hotel Evacuated After Guest Dies, 4 Sickened

View Comments
(Credit: Spencer Platt / Getty Images)

(Credit: Spencer Platt / Getty Images)

Latest News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Authorities have evacuated a South Charleston hotel after one guest died and four others fell sick.

South Charleston fire Capt. Virgil White says firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide on several floors at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites on Corridor G.

Fire Chief Greg Petry says three male victims were found Tuesday in a fifth-floor room along with the deceased. The dead man hadn’t shown for a meeting, and the others became sick when they went to check on him.

Charleston EMS supervisor Danny Anderson says another guest fell ill at the airport after leaving the hotel and sought treatment.

Three EMS workers who came into contact with the dead man’s body fluids are being evaluated as a precaution.

The hotel is closed until the source is identified.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,568 other followers