Police Bust Illegal Massage Parlors In Maryland
ROCKVILLE, MD (CBSDC) – An investigation that began in September culminated with Montgomery County Police charging four people with running illegal brothels out of massage parlors in Rockville.
Police say the parlors were fronts for prostitution and human trafficking.
The investigation began after police noted a dramatic increase in the number of acupressure and massage parlor advertisements being placed on adult services websites. Authorities also received a number of complaints from citizens about the true nature of the businesses.
In a press release, police said the parlors had become “havens for human trafficking schemes and were exploiting the most vulnerable women as tools for profit.”
Search warrants were executed at six locations:
- The Pink Spa,932 Hungerford Drive, Suite 14A, Rockville
- The Tropical Spa, 620 Hungerford Drive, Suite 16, Rockville
- Executive Bodywork, 966 Hungerford Drive, Suite 14A, Rockville
- Ya Ya Spa, 751 Rockville Pike, Suite 1B, Rockville
- Wa Wa Spa, 5858 Hubbard Drive, Rockville
- Best Massage- 966 Hungerford Dr, Suite 11A, Rockville
Four individuals were charged with conducting prostitution and human trafficking:
- 31-year-old Mauricio Alex Garcia Guardia of Rockville
- 48-year-old Howard Hao Wang of Germantown
- 47-year-old Roberto Carrasco of Arlington
- 46-year-old Feng Liu of Gaithersburg
Police say they will continue to investigate massage parlors in the county.