Wednesday at the Park
1. Kareem Moore to be placed on Injured Reserve. His season will end how it began. Sidelined by an injury.
Moore played in 12 games, starting 11. He made 64 tackles, defended five passes and tallied one interception. He’ll have surgery on Monday.
2. Reggie Jones signed to active roster.
Jones, a cornerback who’s spent the season on New Orleans’ practice squad, played his college ball at Portland State.
3. Doug Dutch has been signed to the Redskins’ practice squad.
Dutch was with the Redskins in camp the past two seasons. He was traded to Baltimore for QB John Beck on August 2nd.
4. Clinton Portis wants to come back, wouldn’t commit to accepting a pay-cut.
Portis has played 13 games in the last two seasons. He said he’s still a featured back and said that he wouldn’t want to take a pay-cut. He even joked that he wanted a raise.
5. Carlos Rogers was the only Redskin held out of practice.
Rogers’ calf is still bothering him. Mike Shanahan said the rest of his team was on the practice field and should be ready to play on Sunday.
6. Shanahan shoulders some of the blame for the Redskins’ poor season.
”I’m the head football coach so I take it very personal. Hopefully we’ll do much better in the years to come.”
7. Santana Moss wants to come back to Washington.
Moss becomes a free agent this offseason. He’ll set a new career-high for receptions in a season with his first catch on Sunday. He has more value to the Redskins than he does anywhere else. The question is, would he accept a reduced role for a better chance to win in 2011?