Lions inactives: WR Derrick Williams, RB Aaron Brown, CB Brandon McDonald, OT Jason Fox, C Cody Wallace, DE Willie Young, DE Lawrence Jackson.
Redskins inactives: CB Kevin Barnes, RB Clinton Portis, RB Chad Simpson, LB Perry Riley, OG Derrick Dockery, DL Anthony Bryant, DL Jeremy Jarmon.
Thoughts on inactives:
- Simpson being down means that he must not be 100 percent. He did, however, tell me that he was feeling “much better” on Wednesday. Only two running backs will dress.
– Despite ranking 31st in the NFL defensively , the Redskins are one of only two teams that have held their opponents to 14 points or fewer on four occassions (Steelers).
– If the Redskins get a takeaway today, they will surpass last year’s season-total of 17.
– Washington’s +8 turnover margin is 2nd best in football. Only the Titans have forced more turnovers (18) than Washington’s 17. A year ago at this time the Redskins had a -4 turnover ratio, which was tied for 25th in the league.
– Ryan Torain is averaging 88 yards in his three starts. His 12 carries of 10-plus yards are good for No. 1 in the NFL in the past four weeks.